It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2005, 08:18 AM   #1
(female)

clarewo HB User
how much will I burn?

I was wondering if anyone has any information to whether or not eating about 400 calories a day and exercising for an hour aday is doing me any real harm.

Old 12-08-2005, 09:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: how much will I burn?

That is doing TREMENDOUS harm. You will ruin your metabolism, trigger a raging starvation response which will actually help the body to store any fat it can rather than burn it, it will eat up any muscle tone you have, and flatten your immune system, just for starters. That is an anorexic mentality. Please consider seeking help. Or at least really educating yourself about your body. But please, please don't starve yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2005, 02:49 AM   #3
(female)

clarewo HB User

Thank you for your reply, I think my body has already gone into stravation mode, but I dont no how to get it out of starvation mode without putting on weight because I have a huge fear of gaining weight.

Thanks again for your reply.

Old 12-09-2005, 07:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

Once it has started that cycle, you have to get out or you're literally killing yourself. You may add a little initial weight but it is temporary. Are you seeing anyone for this?

Old 12-09-2005, 12:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

pipermac HB User

How Long have you been doing this? You should never go below 1000 calories with out a doctors supervision.

Do it the odd day wont be a problem....but doing it consistently will. just Start eating at least 1200 Calories a day and the starvation mode will go away.

If you have been doing this for awhile then ?I would get checked out by a doctor. Are You overweight and need to lose? If you are doing this just so you wont gain then I would consider this possibly being an eating disorder.

Old 12-09-2005, 02:04 PM   #6
(female)

clarewo HB User

i'm not under weight i weigh 54kg and i'm 5'6 but the fear of putting on weight is just to much to bear so i feel its safer to eat only 400 calories a day the idea of eating 1200 is huge.
Have an appointment to see someone soon to get advice but dont no what to do because i want to eat more but cant.
But I have been told I am burning off more than I am eating so will keep losing weight dont want to do this either. Hate the way I look but i no its not heathly to keep losing weight.
Thank you for taking the time to write to me.
xx

Old 12-09-2005, 03:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

I know it's a scary proposition, but try slowly increasing calories. Add some vegetables, some lean protein, nuts, healthy foods. You're at a very healthy weight right now. I really hope you can learn to be happy with your body in a healthy way. Please feel free to post if you have any other questions.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:50 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

pipermac HB User

your fear of gaining weight is a very big concern...you definately need to talk to someone.

With the Exercise you are doing you can probably Eat 2500 calories a day and not gain an ounce.

What you are doing now is Very Dangerous. At This Rate you Will definately become anorexic.

Closed Thread