It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2006, 05:02 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

theillone HB User
Should I weightlift hard two days in a row?

I did weightlifting yesterday,and I worked every part of my body.When I woke up I thought I would be sore, but I'm not.Should I be sore after a hard weightlifting session? And If I weightlifted hard yesterday, can I weightlift again today if I'm not sore??? or should I not overdo my muscles???

Old 02-08-2006, 07:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Should I weightlift hard two days in a row?

You're not necessarily going to be sore when you lift. That's not a good gauge of your progress. And you should avoid working the same muscle groups 2 days in a row. Lifting more often isn't going to build muscle faster. Muscle grows while you recover, not in the gym, and if you don't allow for proper recovery time, you'll end up overtraining. That said, *once in a while* if you want to train 2 days in a row, you can, just don't make a habit of it. Or start a split working different muscles on different days of the week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User
Re: Should I weightlift hard two days in a row?

It all depends on how your muscles feel. You know your body better than anyone so listen to it when it tells you to rest. Soreness is always a plus when lifting hard. It means your muscles are now rebuilding themselves with even more tissue cells than it had lost during and post workout. When muscles do become sore you must rest that set of muscles for at least a good 3 days. Though, one muscle should be worked out once a week it isn't enitrely possible since you use other secondary muscles to work out the primary muscles. Rememeber your muscles will still grow gradually even if soreness is unoticed. If your goal is to put on muscle mass then the muscles you exercised should almost always feel sore the following day. Remember to always drink plenty of fluids during your workout and eat a heavy protein and carb enriched meal after. Eating carbs before exercising will also help in reducing muscle fatigue during heavy workouts.

Always get plenty of rest.

Closed Thread