It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 01:39 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Yoga

I'm looking at taking up yoga and i was wondering if anybody had done yoga to help out with general health. There are so many types and my brain can't cope with the amount of research i've done on what type of yoga is best to start with etc. Yoga can supposedly help so much in so many areas and i was wondering how correct this is? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Old 05-10-2006, 07:24 AM   #2
(female)

PollyAnn HB User
Re: Yoga

I love Yoga. I ran 6 miles a day then I had a knee injury and never felt comfortable enough to pick it up again. After awhile I started working out at the gym using the weight machines. I struggled with my workouts due to my knee injury. Once in a while I even took an aerobics, Ti Bo or boxing class but they really didn't hold my interest.

Then I added a Yoga class and found a love for Yoga. It is such a soothing way to workout. After a few classes I found the stretching and breathing classes helped my bodyís oxygen flow so well that my asthma began to let up. And that was an added benefit that helped me achieve better workouts. Today, I still workout at the gym but Yoga has strengthened my body so my workouts on the weight machines is now easier and I can do more.

I never had the endurance that I have now until I began the Yoga classes. You start Yoga at a beginner (slower) class pace then work up to advance classes. I stood at the beginner class longer because I wasn't comfortable and that is fine. You can also just do the slower class and never move on. Advanced classes are not demanded but an option.

Give it a try & let us know what you think.

PollyAnn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread