It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User
I really need some advice about safe exercise

Hello,

I'm starting to exercise because I need to lose weight and reduce my blood pressure, my doctor told me that it's safe to do any type of workout so I'm happy for that. I need to lose something like 30 pounds (or as much as I can) in the next 4 months. The reason for that is the weather, I'm living in Egypt and in summer it's very hot which reduces my blood pressure (good thing for me) and thus I can exercise with no problems. So I want lose the extra weight and get in shape before winter which raises my blood pressure a lot. I really need some help guys about safe exercise:

1- I exercise 1 to 1.5 hour daily and I sweat a lot because it's summer, I really sweat a lot and I get tired of course so should I drink water while I'm exercising? cold water or not cold?

2- After I finish my exercise I feel so warm and my clothes are very wet, should I take a shower immediately or should I wait 30 minutes? should I use cold water or hot water for the shower?

3- I eat corn flakes before I exercise by 1 hour it's safe or I should wait more?

Thank you for helping me guys , I really like to take my blood pressure after I exercise and I always find it better.
Michael

Old 06-24-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
(female)

lazedays HB User
Re: I really need some advice about safe exercise

Definetly dring plent of water before, during and after. If your properly hydrated you'll also have more energy for your workout.

As for the shower, you should shower soon after a workout to remove sweat, and prevent bacteria from sweaty clothes. hot is fine.

if your working out first thing in the morning, you don't have to eat before hand. other wise it's recomended that you eat atleast an hour before you exercise. I exercise early in the morning, so i don't eat first, but I do have a post workout snack ie:fruit and yogurt, whole wheat toast with pb, low fat cheese and 4 whole wheat pretzels. you can get the idea, a carb with protein.

ggod luck, and get that BP down!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2006, 10:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User

Hello,

Thanks for your advice, I will do all of that . Yes my blood pressure is much more better when I exercise.
Michael

Old 06-25-2006, 07:30 AM   #4
(female)

lorri23 HB User

ist good luck with it it seems u r motivated and know what yr goal is to be which is always a good start
as for fluids i agree with last post b4 during and after exercise water is good to keep u hydrated and prolong yr energy, plus u need to ensure u r drinking as it is hot weather
as 4 it being cold etc i recently learnt something i didnt know that the best temperatue to cool u down isnt cold water but room temp as the body trys to warm up the water it to warms u up more resulting in u getting hotter and craving fluids again
as for brekfast it is advised to eat 1hr - 1hr 1/2 b4 exercise this is because yr body needs to digest it. if u eat and exercise soon after then yr body cant provide u the appriote energy and digest at the same time forcing yr body to digest later, also it can make u quite uncomfortable after
i think its good u thinking about these things
wish u all the best
enjoy sunny egypt

Old 06-25-2006, 09:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Thank you for your advice
Michael

Closed Thread