It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 06:09 PM   #1
(female)

*Lai* HB User
so sore after exercise - should i still exercise and whats wrong with my back??

I am so sore it hurts to breath and move. I think i must of overdone it on the cross trainer yesterday. But i still managed to get two 20 minutes workouts in today. I wasnt sure if i should have been exercising or if i should have let my body heal but i heard that its best to keep moving and i did find that i was in less pain whilst exercising. Was that the right thing to do, or should i rest a little until the pain goes??

I'm sorry i keep posting about these things, they're probably really obvious things, but i suffer from anxiety disorder and i worry that i've messed up my body forever and i will never be able to exercise again.

I also tried to do some stretches (so painful) and i tried to do that touch your toes thing but i kept getting really bad pain in my lower back. I dont know what to do now. I hope its not serious because i really want to exercise and i cant have anything get in the way. I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

xx

Last edited by *Lai*; 07-07-2006 at 06:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User
Re: so sore after exercise - should i still exercise and whats wrong with my back??

Some people like to work through it, others don't. Like you, I found that working through it really helps alleviate some of the pain, but if the pain is too severe then wait until it feels better before your next workout. Don't give up. I promise you, if you do it right, it gets better.

Stretches should not cause you pain. Are you warming up before exercising? The stretches should come last, while your muscles are still warm. The stretch should be slow and deliberate. No bouncing or jerking. Hold the stretch gently for a few seconds then release. Stretch your muscles several times like that. If it's painful, you're stretching too far.

Back exercises will help with the lower back pain. Mine was very painful for a week or two but I found some yoga exercises that are working wonders for me. Not only did it stop my back pain, it's also giving me better posture and making my muscles stretch even further. I do the back strengthening exercises before my regular routine.

Just a side note: Exercising has been shown to reduce stress (read anxiety) as well as giving you a fit body. Keep up the hard work. It'll be worth it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread