It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 04:23 AM   #1
(female)

determined1 HB User
Question How much weight can I lose in 1 month? Newbie here!

Hi,
Wondering how much weight I can HONESTLY lose in 1 month? I am wondering what the MOST I can lose is. Here is what I am doing/eating to get it done.

1- I go to Ballys everyday for an hour and a half and work out. I speed walk 1 mile, and do a little bit of running.

2- I am eating for breakfast and lunch a Ballys meal replacement bar and every night for dinner I eat a chicken ceaser salad with lowfat balsamic vinagerate.

Once in a blue I have a diet coke.

So what do you think? What is the most I can lose doing this? I want to lose as much weight as I possibly can in a month, but I don't want to do the cabbage soup diet. I AM making a lifestyle change, and I understand that if I lose a lot of weight and then start eating crap again it will all come back.

Also- is it true that losing too much weight too fast can give you a heart attack? Or be life threatening?

THANKS SO MUCH AHEAD OF TIME!

Old 08-04-2006, 02:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: How much weight can I lose in 1 month? Newbie here!

It's safe to lose two pounds a week. The first week however, many people lose about 5.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #3
(female)

lulu123 HB User

You might want to check out how many calories you eat everyday with the meal plan you outlined. If you go under around 1200 calories your body will go into starvation mode and you won't loose any weight at all. Check out some books or internet sites that refer particularly to diet. If you are working out you need to eat clean and healthy. Some fitness folks also say 6 small meals are better than 3.

Old 08-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #4
(male)

chopsky HB User

It 100% varies according to the individual. That question is impossible to answer. Just make sure youre getting 0.75g to 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight to ensure you dont lose muscle on your path to fat loss.
Make sure youre doing cardio and weight training too!

With regards to what lulu123 said here: "Some fitness folks also say 6 small meals are better than 3.". Not some...I should hope they ALL say that. 5-6 meals is a must for EVERYONE, unless youre intentionally trying to slow down your metabolism and/or elevate blood-sugar levels.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:35 AM   #5
(female)

FitChic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by determined1
Hi,
Wondering how much weight I can HONESTLY lose in 1 month? I am wondering what the MOST I can lose is. Here is what I am doing/eating to get it done.

1- I go to Ballys everyday for an hour and a half and work out. I speed walk 1 mile, and do a little bit of running.

2- I am eating for breakfast and lunch a Ballys meal replacement bar and every night for dinner I eat a chicken ceaser salad with lowfat balsamic vinagerate.

Once in a blue I have a diet coke.

So what do you think? What is the most I can lose doing this? I want to lose as much weight as I possibly can in a month, but I don't want to do the cabbage soup diet. I AM making a lifestyle change, and I understand that if I lose a lot of weight and then start eating crap again it will all come back.

Also- is it true that losing too much weight too fast can give you a heart attack? Or be life threatening?

THANKS SO MUCH AHEAD OF TIME!
Alot of factors actually play a role in weight loss....age? currect weight? goal weight? ......your question can not be answered without knowing those facts first.........

as for the excerise, speed walking for a mile, should approximately take 10 minutes give or take, are you running for the rest of the hour and 20 minutes?

as for the diet, Ballys meal replacement? what is in that? meal replacement bars tend to have about of sodium, sugar and carbs........yes, it may be fast and easy, but there are ALOT of better things to eat for breakfast and a chicken ceasar salad every day? coutons, cheese? for serious weight loss, i wouldnt recommend that........and i hope you are eating more then 2 meals a day

and yes, losing weight too fast can be seriously demaging to your health

Old 08-06-2006, 08:13 PM   #6
(female)

Grace08 HB User
Talking Re: How much weight can I lose in 1 month? Newbie here!

hey! well i was just going to agree with what everybody has been saying. But just one of those bars from you workout place is all your eating then it doesnt sound like your getting all that you need. you need good nutrition to lose weight, i would consider eating normal healthy meals, being that your a guy i can only imagine that ur always hungry, i would start my day with an egg or two, with some fruit, such as oranges or blueberries, these dont have as much carbs as other fruits, also eat some turkey or some kind of meat, dont fry the meat, so bacon wouldnt be a good choice =). For lunch i would have some cheese or yogurt with some kind of vegtables and meat. Just cut the carbs, anything with weat or that is white normally has alots of carbs in it. FOr dinner i suggest meat with vegtables. dont fry anything with oil, you can fry it with water and it will save you alot of calories. anyways. i hope some of this might help. I dont deal with any kind of weight issues, standing at 5'5 at 115 pounts, [ REMOVED ]. well best of luck-Grace

Last edited by moderator2; 08-06-2006 at 08:21 PM. Reason: peer sharing only

Closed Thread