It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #1
(male)

kertson HB User
Is it okay to do push-ups and sit-ups everyday?

They say "dont lift weights everyday, but every other day". Is it okay to do push-ups and/or sit-ups every day?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2006, 04:23 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Willapp HB User
Re: Is it okay to do push-ups and sit-ups everyday?

No. Push-ups and sit-ups are just like using weights, except your body is the weight. It still stresses your muscles out, therefore they need time to recover. At best I would recommend every other day, but it depends on what other exercise you might do, and your recovery ability really. You could train 2 days on, 1 day off etc, but then I would allow a couple (more like 4 or 5) days break every few weeks to fully recover.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2006, 02:04 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

shoe HB User

YES YES YES

yes you can ... but first work yourself into them
pushups and situps and pullups are nothing like doing weights ... do them twice a day morning and evening and even try doing explodes when doing pushups ... this is when you pushup so hard your hands come off the ground ... this will give you unbelievable punching power ....

when you use your body weight ... it is not referred to as weight training it is called kelistatics ... if you want to know more about these kinds of exercises do a search on google ....

Old 10-02-2006, 11:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

When I was in dance class we would do 300 crunches every weekday. Then after I was done with that class a year later, I would end up doing them every other day or I would do pilates ab exercises and I didn't feel like my abs went downhill or anything. I would say just to make sure you don't overdo it and pull your muscles.

Closed Thread