It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
(female)

Choquis HB User
Question Leg cramps

Just wondered if anyone has any ideas on how to relieve leg cramps. My exercise class started last week (aerobics and toning). We do the toning part first so my muscles are warmed up. My right calf muscle started cramping during the aerobic part. The 2nd day of class we added jump rope and I about fell down...that's how quick it hit me. I've upped my water intake and sat in the hot tub, but today while using the stairs (we live in a quad-level, so there are stairs everywhere) I almost fell again due to cramping of that same muscle.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. I power walk every morning for a half hour.
Thanks!

Choquis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Leg cramps

Part of it is just going to be conditioning and strengthening that muscle little by little. Calves especially are prone to cramping as they get stronger. Drinking more water and making sure you're getting enough electrolytes will help also. It may just take some time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #3
(female)

Choquis HB User
Re: Leg cramps

Thanks for the reply Naxix! I'm thinking that doing the aerobics first probably warmed my legs up better. Good idea about the electrolytes. I'm going to drink a sports drink before class and do some warm up stretches. Also am using Icy-Hot. I have to be careful of actually rubbing my legs as I am prone to blood clots, but I know how much I can handle.

Didn't go to class last night as my daughter is here from NYC for a couple of days. She's in a wedding on Friday the 13th and needed mom to alter her dress... so I better get at it!

Thanks again!

Choquis

Closed Thread