It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
(female)

Evansmom HB User
Need a good "bang for my buck" exercise routine...

I recently lost 15 pounds, & would like to loose 10 more, however I've hit a wall. So I started exercising. It's been about a month now, however I haven't lost a single pound.

Currently, I try to do Kathy Smith's Functionally Fit Peak Fatburning 3 times per week. I tried her Time Saver Lift Weights to Loose Weight & while it was good & left me a little sore, it's so darn annoying that I don't think I'll be doing it again anytime soon.

What I need is a routine that I can get the most from in the shortest amount of time. I work full time, have two small boys, will be starting school at night next week, and my life is crazy busy. Ultimately I'd like to find something that's only about 30 minutes that I can do 2-3 times per week.

I saw an infomercial this morning for something called the Fluidity workout. It comes with a ballet barre & some bands & a ball. It says that you only need to work out twice a week for 30 minutes to see results. Anyone else ever use this? Rants/raves before I spend $200 on it?

Are there any good DVD's that anyone could recommend? Type of exercise (cardio, pilates, etc.) doesn't matter so much to me, as long as I can get the most out of it in the least amount of time.

Thanks!

Old 01-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Need a good "bang for my buck" exercise routine...

First, one thing to keep in mind, when you first start exercising you usually gain some lean muscle which ultimately helps to burn more fat. So don't necessarily put all your faith in the number on the scale. You may not see the weight change much for a few weeks, but you will probably still be getting *leaner* which is the important part.
That said, you might look into something like Tae Bo which works as a cardio and strength training workout of sorts. The new Bootcamp series has resistance bands that increase the intensity and put more emphasis on the strength training during a cardio workout. What I like about this series is that it's relatively inexpensive and has very little equipment. A lot of the newer "systems" are just gimmicky variations for people who are just looking for something new (Fluidity probably falls into this category). You might also consider checking out your local video store and see if they have some rentals you can check out to find something you like. Pilates is okay although almost no cardio involved. Aerobics are okay, but don't do much for keeping your lean muscle. You want a workout with a happy medium, or maybe even 2 different workouts and just bounce between them to keep some variation in your routine. Whatever you're more comfortable with.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread