It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2000, 02:33 AM   #1

Andrea Mac HB User
Question Sore Legs

Hi, I've been an insulin dependant diabetic for approx 15 yrs. I am overweight (89 kilo's), and trying to loose weight. I have been trying to go for walks, but am having trouble with my legs. It happened on & off many years ago, but over the past few months my legs have gotten worse. The doctors don't seem to be able to tell me what is wrong with them. Basically, when I go walking my left leg in particular 'ceases' up on me and causes great pain. It is difficult to explain. It is not cramps, but like someone is screwing my front lower leg tighter with each step I take, the pain gets worse, like it's burning and cramped up, gets tighter and tighter. I can't move my foot up & down or towards my leg, I can hardly walk at all. It is happening over a lesser distance each day I walk, if I don't walk for a few days the distance is longer before it starts, but gets shorter with each day I do walk. It only takes about 15, then 10, then 5 minutes of not very strenuous walking for it to start. I cannot even walk 500 mtrs - 1klm. It is taking up to 10 minutes for the pain to subside when I get home and lie on the bed - I can't move my foot or leg in this time. It is the front of my lower legs that are effected. It is very distressing, as I enjoy walking and want to loose weight. Has anyone had anything similar or can anyone please tell me what it might be or where I might start to find out. Please.
Thank you,
Andrea Mac.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2000, 12:29 PM   #2

jrzygrl2273 HB User
Lightbulb

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but from what you are saying, it sounds like you have weak shins, or shin splints.

There are exercises that you can do for this. Try this site, maybe they can help.
[url="http://www.thewalkingsite.com"]www.thewalkingsite.com[/url]

they have the shin exercises there.

Hope this helps you.

Closed Thread