It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2000, 05:55 AM   #1

Autumn HB User
Cool Need Ab advice

Hi! First time poster with questions about abs. I have been doing cardio and weight training for over 2 months now, along with a high protein diet. I have noticed nice results in my legs and upper body, but my tummy is still hanging in there!! I have had 3 kids and really need to lose in my stomach. I have been told to do cardio to shed the fat, but I'm not getting results. I'm also doing ab workouts. Any advice? Thanks!

Old 12-01-2000, 01:05 PM   #2

zoom HB User
Exclamation

What is your protein intake? It may be too high. Seems to be a major push of 1-2 grams per pound of body weight...not good for your goal.

I think you will get results if you decrease to .5 gram (or less) per pound of LEAN body mass (total weight - fat).

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2000, 08:02 AM   #3

gainfreak HB User
Hello!!!
The best way to loose belly fat is by using a combination of Diet/Weight training and cardio!! If you are weight training, you should eat a diet that is high in protein (at least 1 gram per pound of lean body mass)Dont by any instant lower your protein to .5 grams per pound!! I also recommend since you are trying to lose fat to keep your carb intake to 1 gram per pound of lean body mass. A protein to carb ratio of 1 to 1 works best for burning fat!! Also you need healthy fats in your diet such as flax seed oil or peanut butter. Next comes the all important colorie restriction!!! In order to lose weight, you need to create a coloric deficit. meaning that you have to burn off more calories than you consume each and every day. A good way to do this is to multiply you current weight by 10 and start eating that many calories per day.(you should eat 5 to 6 small meals per day to elevate your metabolism) You should only loose 1 to 2 lbs per week. if you are not loosing then cut back on your calories coming from carbs.(also only use complex carbs in your diet such as brown rice or oatmeal. Women usually need more cardio than men so I recommend that you do cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach(if this is possible!!) for thirty mins 5 days a week I guarantee you will lose weight!! Now for the kick in the but!! If you were pregnant and you stretched the skin in your stomach, none of this will help. Your problem will be streched skin and not bodyfat
You can check with your doctor if you think that this is the case! I hope that this helps
just a recap!
workout with weights 3 times a week and do cardio 5 times a week for 30 mins on an empty stomach. Eat 10 times your bodyweight foods balanced in protein carbs and fat and monitor your weight once a week loosing no more than 1 to 2 lbs

Closed Thread