It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2000, 12:35 AM   #1

MomOf3 HB User
Smile Back to the Gym...

I just had to share that I am finally back to the gym this week. November has been a rough month for me in that department. I was busy at the end of October with our Halloween party and didn't go, then I got sick with laryngitis and didn't go, then got busy with whatever for and only went a couple of times in a week, then I got sick with a bronchial infection and I am finally back as of yesterday! I feel so much better already. I can really tell that the inches were coming back so fast. I was going to start off easy, but I pushed myself both days so far and I feel great!

I love the feeling that working out gives me, now I just need to stay on my "roll" and adjust my eating habits so the weight starts coming off. I have been exercising alot, but the scale is not budging and I was getting frustrated. I am going to Hawaii in May and I need to lose at least 50 pounds by then, I would definitely be happy with that! I have to get serious, though, about changing my eating habits, but the one thing that concerns me now is the time of year! There are so many tasty treats now, I guess I just have to get to the mind set where I have been before (but it was a long time ago) that with all the hard work of working out, I don't want to sabotage myself by eating something bad for me.

Thank you all for listening and giving me a place to share the ups and downs of losing weight, stopping and getting started again! Take care everyone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2000, 01:28 PM   #2
Angeline

I totally know what you mean by falling off track and then just not having time (or health) to go back! I haven't gone in a few weeks now and I feel terrible and I can feel the inches! They are gross! I would also like to know any tips on staying motivated, b/c often I feel like I'm going and I see little results. I usually do the treadmill for a half an hour and burn 150-200 calories, and then I do machines for another half an hour to tone my arms and back. I love the rush you get when you come out of the gym...I can say there's nothing like that feeling of being pleasantly exhausted after a workout.

------------------
Feel Free to Respond!

Old 12-11-2000, 07:05 PM   #3

MomOf3 HB User
Smile

I love the rush too! I have been going through the same thing, going to the gym and seeing little results. But, boy, do those inches come back FAST!

To keep motivated, I think about how good I feel while sweating, yeah kinda gross, and after the fact, then I feel guilty if I don't go. I am really trying to keep sugar out of my diet, but having a very difficult time doing that. I think that is why I am not seeing results...white flour and sugar.

I hope you can find your motivation to keep going! Another trick is to vary your routine to keep it interesting. Good Luck!

Old 01-05-2001, 11:21 PM   #4

whatisyourproblem HB User
Wink

Happy for you!

Closed Thread