It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2000, 07:01 PM   #1

bigB HB User
Question What's a good plan to lose weight?

Hey,

I'm 16, 6' and weigh 260 pounds and was wondering what is the best way to lose weight. My target weight is 200.

Thanks

Old 12-21-2000, 05:43 AM   #2

rowdyguy HB User
Smile

There are three basic things involved in losing Fat. Weight training, aerobic excercise, and diet. The more muscle you have the higher your metabolism is so that is why weight training is important. The aerobic excercise burns the excess calories and fat while the correct diet can also up your metabolism while not putting on extra weight. If I were you I would buy a program that explains what you should do and eat. One I like is Lee Hayward's "Living Lean" program. I like this because the diet is not that hard to stick to. The key to any of these programs is sticking with them even if you think they aren't working.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2000, 10:16 PM   #3

chillin4O8 HB User
if i were u this is what i'd do

start a weight lifting program,go 8-10 reps on excercise,never skip a workout

do cardio at least 5 times a week on a empty stomach before breakfast(if u dont have any machine,running,jogging or even jogging in place and jumping is cook,anything to get your heart going)

mon-fri i would not eat more than 125 grams of carbs,only eat carbs after u workout,but never starve yourself throught the day
fri-sat eat lots of carbs and protein,especially carbs

the key is to never miss a day...especially with the weight lifting and cardio,if u dont have weights , u can do cardio only,but then when u lose the weight u will look weak if u didnt lift weights,try to keep the diet consist too,

Old 12-29-2000, 05:54 PM   #4
chillin408

ephedrine caffeine is also good to add, just dont use it if u have heart problems

Old 12-30-2000, 09:22 PM   #5
chillin408

theirs a product called lipokinetix from syntrax ,i have heard from users its the best over the counter fat burner ,adipokinetix is also good,

u might be able to find it at your local health food store.

another option is to just buy caffine tablets and epehdrine hci ,alot of gas stations such as texaco or quick mart have it ,its called mini thins,

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 01-17-2001).]

Old 01-01-2001, 03:52 PM   #6
chillin408

ok then if u cant find it at your local health food store look for a online nutrition store,their are many, some might charge up to 12 dollars more,i usually buy from this one place that im not allowed to post cuz i have found them the cheapest

second u dont have to buy syntrax, u can just get ahold of some phenypropolaline if u can, ephdrine and pheny are simailar so it doesnt matter which one u use ,but u might get less of a " wired" feeling if u use pheny instead of ephedrine

2-3 times a day
ephedrine or pheny 25 mg
caffeine 200mg
yohimbe 2.5 mg

by the way moderator i reccomend that u shop at GNC ..they have just the prices u like

[This message has been edited by chillin408 (edited 01-02-2001).]

Old 01-01-2001, 06:06 PM   #7
(female)

Sapphie HB User
Why are you recommending potentially dangerous chemicals?? I just got back from the store, I was trying to buy Alka Selzer, the kind for treating a cold. They pulled it from the shelf because it contains phenylpropanolamine. My advice is to stay away from chemicals....take safe vitamins, eat right, and exercise.

Be safe,

Sapphie

Old 01-01-2001, 11:54 PM   #8
chillin408

if u have family members that have had strokes and u have heart problems or prone to a stroke that is a walking time bomb right there regardless if u take pheny or not,pheny may speed up your problems, since they are making pheny illegal why dont they just outlaw all the people that are prone to strokes and heart problems to have children,that will solve the problem right there,thats alot more important that banning pheny becaue those parents are potentially harming their children, if u have heart problems why dont u take your parents to court and sue them for having a bad part in their genes, dont u just wish we lived in a communist country
too bad for because you are a female, because that recent study that got alot of press coverage stated ": The results suggest that phenylpropanolamine in appetite suppressants, and possibly in cough and cold remedies, is an independent risk factor for hemorrhagic stroke in women".

the same study found that "An analysis in men showed no increased risk of a hemorrhagic stroke in association with the use of cough or cold remedies containing phenylpropanolamine. No men reported the use of appetite suppressants".

its funny how people took alka selzer and other cough products like candy for years and their were no real adverse effects reported(just as many as alot of other products), and now since they have put it in peoples mind that such a drug is dangerous, im sure less people will be using it and we will here more adverse effects simply because people are looking for it and will blame any little thing on the drug

im sure uve done alot more things that put u at risk for death everyday but dont even realzie or think about it

heres a fun fact,i read this in muscular devolopment magizine,its not a realibe source but heres a legit statistic " in 1999, over 3 billion servings of ephedrine were sold, and for every one million servings 0.0081 serous adverse events were reported" now i would gamble that at least 90% of those adverse effects were from misabuse or someone who is prone to a stroke or heart problems used it

that means if u took 1 million servings of ephdrine in your life, u would have .0081 chance of having an adverse effect i dont know anyone whos tookin even 1000

Old 01-03-2001, 02:32 PM   #9

gainfreak HB User
Hey Chillin whats up?? The only thing that I don't recommend is combining Yohimbe and Ephedrine.(i've tried it and it gave me a jolt boy!!) It does some wacked things to some people and according to certain magazine studies its not recommended. I have used Ephedrine and caffeine for years without any problems-- put simply, the stuff works and it works well. I wouldn't recommend it to people with high blood pressure or caffeine sensitivity but I beleive the stuff is safe.

Old 01-06-2001, 12:59 PM   #10

Steel Magnolia HB User
BigB...here you go. Incorporate some sort of exercise program into your life. Walk, run, treadmill, weightlift, aerobics, etc. Then just eat sensibly. Drink plenty of water. Eat three meals a day or six small meals a day...whatever works best for you. Watch the fat intake and don't overload on carbs. There ARE no magic pills without side effects. There ARE no easy answers...simply do not overinduldge in your food consumption. Good Luck to you!

Old 01-08-2001, 12:46 PM   #11

chillin4O8 HB User
yea dont over load on carbs thats probobly the most important thing

Closed Thread