It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2000, 11:10 PM   #1

bethfly HB User
Question eliptical trainer??

does anyone know what kind of results working out on an eliptical trainer will bring? it seems to make me sweat a lot (20-30 min), but i don't feel as if i am getting any kind of work-out. has anyone seen results?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2000, 01:10 PM   #2

rowdyguy HB User
Question

What is the eliptical trainer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2001, 09:32 PM   #3

hydrogen77 HB User
The elliptical is one of the better cardio/aerobic machines out there... anything that moves your legs/thighs continually will give you a good aerobic work out. The advantage of the elliptical is that it doesn't stress your joints as much as jogging... but it doesn't strengthen your bones as well, on the other hand. I'd buy the equipment and vary your aerobic exercise regularly... use the elliptical 2 or 3 times per week and jog 2 or 3 times per week to help break the monotony and vary your workouts.

Old 02-20-2001, 03:59 PM   #4
Inactive

tup HB User
For over a year I used an eliptical trainer as knee problems prevented me from jogging, tennis and basketball. With the increasing resistence and incline levels available on it I was able to increase my cardio fitness over this past year. I'm glad it was available at the gym where I work out. Highly recommended, especially if you have joint problems.

Old 03-06-2001, 06:17 PM   #5

Budduns HB User
I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I recently read a comparison of different machines. The eliptical trainer was just behind the treadmill as being one of the top calorie burners.

Old 03-09-2001, 09:58 AM   #6

ryansmum HB User
I love to work out on the elliptical trainer! I've felt my butt tighten up in the 3 months I've been on it. I also use it before I do my leg workout (weight training), and it doesn't tire my legs out as much as the treadmill or bikes.
It's worth trying out!

------------------
The race is not always won by the fastest runner, but sometimes by those who just keep running.

Old 03-12-2001, 12:28 PM   #7

Jav1492 HB User
I seem to get much better results from this machine because it is so low impact I can exercise longer without my body starting to hurt, thus keeping my heart rate up. You will be amazed how your endurance will build up using this machine just 3 times a week!

Closed Thread