HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Exercise & Fitness (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/exercise-fitness/)
-   -   Want a new look by at least my 12th grade year HELP? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/exercise-fitness/48662-want-new-look-least-my-12th-grade-year-help.html)

Mr!JaRule 01-16-2003 07:49 PM

Want a new look by at least my 12th grade year HELP?

Ok... I am in the second semester of 10th grade right now. I am a very skinny little boy and I kind of consider myself a weakling.Well I just want to buff up a little bit... not to much.... but to the point that you know there's a difference in my facial and body structure.... I was hoping to at lesat accomplish this at the least to 12th grade year.What type of foods should I eat and how many times a day?? Just tips to keep me on my toes for accomplishing my goal.The best excercises and how to overall change. I just want a change in me personally..... I want my senior year to be great.I tried excercising and stuff before but I found myself getting sore... and fatigue all the time.

AEMT-CC 01-16-2003 09:16 PM

"I tried excercising and stuff before but I found myself getting sore... and fatigue all the time."

No pain - No gain
For most people, weightlifting is a harmless pastime. But for the ELITE, it's a GRUELING RITUAL. It incorporates PAIN as it's own DIVINE REWARD, it sees no amount of crushing dedication as to great a sacrifice & it never fails to bring results to determined individuals.

I remember when I was a newbie to weight lifting. My legs hurt so bad that I limped when I walked. I could not move my arms without my chest hurting so bad that I would grunt from the pain & I would feel like a vegetable every time I left the gym. I knew pain was something I would have to deal with and I did.

Now, 3 years later. I love the pain. If I wake up in the morning feeling sore, it's a great day. It reminds me as to how dedicated I am and how hard I work to maintain what I have accomplished. Once you realize that weightlifting & pain goes hand in hand without complaining about it, I'll give you advice.

I honestly don't want to sound mean, but I have seen it all the time. If someone complains about the pain that weightlifting causes, their dedication does not last. It would be a waist of time to give advice IMOP.

Take this into consideration. My best friend started weightlifting his sophomore year in HS. When he started, he was 5'11 140LB's 12% body fat. He would be in so much pain sometimes that he cried. He had more dedication then I have ever seen. Now, 3 years later, he is 5'11 205LB's 6% body fat. DEDICATION!

I really do hope you accomplish what you have your mind set on. Never alter your body to dazzel womens eyes. Do it for yourself! Best of luck to ya!

P.S - No pain - No gain!

Naxis 01-17-2003 05:43 AM

Come on man... lighten up. You sounds like a supplement ad in M&F. ;) What he's trying to say is that the initial immobilizing pain goes away. It takes a couple weeks of conditioning to get your body used to working the muscles. *EVERYONE* who goes from sedentary to active starts this way. If you are pushing yourself for muscle growth, you will still get sore, but it probably won't ever be as bad as it is in the beginning again. But the truth is that unless you have Arnold genes, you must lift to become muscular.
Diet will help too. Make sure you are getting at least 1g of protein for every pound of body weight. You can't build muscle without it. Get in clean carbs too: oatmeal, sweet potatoes, brown rice, beans, wheat bread and all the green veggies you can stomach! Eat clean, lift hard and sleep deep. You'll see a big change.

------------------
Keep your body lean, your blood clean and your mind sharp. -Rollins

H8CC 01-17-2003 05:56 AM

a marine core recruitment pamphlet more like it =P

H8CC

Mr!JaRule 01-17-2003 03:50 PM

Hye guys thanx! Do you know of any reliable sites that will help more??Also eating a little fast food here and there wouldn't hurt would it?? I know I am not supposed to eat anything with sugar in it.The diet thing is going to be crucial.. My mom has all kinds of tempted goodies in the kitchen.... and sometimes I really prefer all that junk food than vegetables or a dinner snack!

awds 01-17-2003 06:50 PM

what i do is use dumbbells and do a couple of reps with each arm then do push ups then use dumbbells for a couple of reps until my forearms get stiff and i cant do no more. you dont need to push yourself either you just keep doing it and after a while youll feel it in your arms. and i try to do at least 200sit ups everyday you can do it in reps too if you get tire. and as for food i usually eat what i want but i always eat a fruit before i sleep. i been doing this for almost 1-2weeks and im starting to see results. Why dont you just take weight training at school ? i am going to do that next semester

[This message has been edited by awds (edited 01-17-2003).]

AEMT-CC 01-18-2003 09:13 AM

"My mom has all kinds of tempted goodies in the kitchen"

lol
Sounds like my mom! Everytime I come home from college & go shopping with her, I get all my health foods. She always ends up buying chocolate ice cream, eggclairs etc. etc. All crap food that is never in the fridge unless I'm home, as if I will eat it.