It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2003, 06:41 PM   #1

awds HB User
Post questions ?

for some reason whenever i do diamond push ups like a nerve on top of my wrist near the pinky area hurts like a sharp feeling. i never got it before doing excerises , the first time it hurted was when i was putting clothes in the landuary basket. and now its been hurting for a week only when i do diamond pushups. Can it be im working out too much ? i usually just use dumbbells and do push ups and situps for 30minutes to a hour 6-7times a week. Can working out everyday cause this pain ? But usually the next day after i've worked out i dont really feel sore or any pains.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2003, 07:35 PM   #2

SmellySox HB User
I'm not sure what diamond pushups are but I believe it is where you put your wrists in or out. If this is true, its due to pressure on your wrist due to the way you bend it. I have these pushup stands that prevent this problem as I also have weak wrists.

When I do Cross Over Cables, my left wrist goes numb. This is probably a result of a pinched nerve.. Anybody got solutions to this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2003, 11:24 PM   #3

awds HB User
diamond push ups are when you make a diamond shape with your fingers its like you put your hands close to together like this left hand--><><--right hand

Old 01-19-2003, 07:10 AM   #4
Inactive

Merrida HB User
Don't do "diamond pushups" or "close handed pushups" then. Just line your body up, hands beneath shoulder joints. Bringing your hands in closer together really is not going to give you anything new or different than you cannot get doing regular pushups -- you'll just FEEL it a little differently, but a pushup is a pushup, and the same muscles are recruited.

It is not worth it to feel it a little differently, for the price you pay of torquing your joints in unnatural positions while bearing weight. Shoulders and wrists are pretty complex joints. They will be in the strongest position if you can try to maintain a natural body alignment. Having your hands too far out or in will give you a different sensation but your joints were not designed to function bearing weight at those sharp angles.

I'm not sure what you're tyring to accomplish with this exercise, but I'm sure there are other exercises you can do to target similar muscle groups without being so harsh on your joints.

Closed Thread