It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User
Pain in top of foot

I'm a runner. I've been running now for 15 years with never a pain. For the past 2 or 3 weeks I have this very tender pain right on the top of my foot. I'm assuming it's from running. If I stop running for 2 or 3 days and ice it, it gets better. What is this and how do I stop it from happening? Thanks.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User
Re: Pain in top of foot

Weird... it consistently recurrs? No visible bruising? About how large is the tender area and where on the top of the foot?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

I have this as well on and off for a few months. I just started running a few months ago can't go that long 6 min run 2 walk 6 run and so on. It doesn't hurt while I'm running it will hurt the day after. I just dismissed it and went about my daily treadmill routine. A few min after being on it I didn't feel it anymore. After I get off it's sore to the touch and the next day sore when walking. As long as I get on the treadmill the next day it doesn't seem to get any worse. I never know when I'm going to get the pain it just comes and goes on it's own.
I keep my back straight so it's not my posture.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

No visible bruising. It's slightly swollen, but almost inperceptibly so. It's right on top and slightly toward instep instead of outside. It's right where the tendon goes to the big toe. About half way betweeen the ankle and the toe itself. I was assuming some sort of tendon issue, but don't want to pay for the doctor to say "ice it and take ibuprofen". It's now been hurting nonstop for over a week, because I'm slightly addicted to my daily run and don't want to give it up. Plus, like I said. I can lay off for awhile, but it comes right back. And, it's not like I'm training for a marathon or anything. I only run 4 miles a day.
Squeaky, I'm sorry you're going through this too. I'm glad you're still able to get on the treadmill.

Any ideas?

Old 04-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

I do stretch it on the toe raise machine. or I use the bricks by my house. You can use the bottom of the chair or use any stairs that you might have to put your toes and part of the foot that's under the toes on the highest part and then put your heel on the floor/ground. Straighten your leg and lean forward so that you get a good stretch in the middle of your foot. You will probably feel it in your leg as well. I do these stretches after each calf workout cause my toes usually get a charlie horse in them if I don't

Old 04-26-2007, 06:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rita HB User

Is the area also reddened?
Does it hurt when you move your toes or try to point your toes down?

Closed Thread