It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2003, 10:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User
Talking The "Total Gym"

I once saw an info commcerical on TV, with that TOTAL GYM. With Chuck Norris.
I have always wanted to get it but didnt have the money, now I do....and I just wanna know if anyone has it, and whether they like it. Any success stories with the TOTAL GYM and so on.

Please let me know!

Old 10-19-2003, 11:57 PM   #2
(female)

BS5689 HB User
Hi, my brother in law has the "Total Gym" we dont use it very often, but both him and I have just started using it lately. Theres a lot of different things you can do on it, and it comes with a leg pull so you get a work out with your legs. If youre looking to just tone I think it will be alright, but I dont think it would give you big bulky muscles(if thats what youre wanting) because your lifting your own body weight, so after doing it for a while, it only gets easier.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2003, 05:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User
Talking

Hey thanks for replying!
I'm female, so I'm not really into getting bulky muscles, so that is a bonus for me.
Also, can u do cardio on it?

I think I remember Chuck saying you could...

Old 10-20-2003, 06:18 PM   #4

syrupsosweet HB User
Hi. I'm female and have had a total gym for several months. Do to an injury (not on the total gym) I wasn't able to use it for several weeks. Now I'm back on it and enjoying it very much. I think it fun, and it is hard work. You can adjust the level of difficulty and lift more or less of your own body weight, and there are something like 200 (I think) different exercises you can do, so you can always change things up. I am really impressed with the leg pulley. Not only is it really awesome for inner thigh toning, but my flexibility (which I didn't have much of before) has improved greatly. I'm also starting to see definition in my triceps, shoulders and biceps, which is very exciting. I would definitly recommend the total gym. As long as you stick with it I think you'll enjoy it.

Old 10-21-2003, 05:09 AM   #5
(female)

BS5689 HB User
Hi, to answer your question about the cardio, I know it has certain exercises you can do that would be cardio. You can adjust it so you can do the rowing(thats a good cardio workout) and theres a few others, I cant think of. Like the previous poster said, there are about 200 different exercises you can use it for. I would recommend it. I think my brother in law bought one at Big W, so you might want to have a look there.

Old 10-21-2003, 03:35 PM   #6

Beaner02 HB User
Look at QVC. I just got my new total gym yesterday from there and it was the cheapest from anywhere around. You get everything with it too, leg pulleys, squart stand, and a couple more accessories. Well worth the money

Old 10-22-2003, 08:18 AM   #7

Mercedes HB User
I have the Weider Body Works Pro only because I have longer hair and the Total Gym's track literally ripped a good chunk of my hair out when I tried it, even though it was in a ponytail. The WBW works great - I absolutely love it and am sure that the TG works just as well!

Old 10-22-2003, 09:59 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Jeffrey449 HB User
Hey, i had great success on it on lowering body fat %. I went from 22% to 11% in one summer with it. Its great for that but not recommended if u want to bulk up, i dont think it can do that for you.

Old 10-23-2003, 12:58 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User
Talking

It pulled a chunk of your hair out??? MY GOSH!
What the! lol I dont want to have my hair pulled out!

Thanks for your replies, I am actually more anxious to get one now....and btw, I saw it advertised in the BIG W brochure lol so I'd get it there too!

I'm really excited!

Old 10-25-2003, 01:28 PM   #10

lilbnnyfoofoo HB User
Not to go too off topic, but I recently saw an info commerical for this this called the Ab Swing, I just wanted to know if anyone out there has tried it and it worked. Thanks.

Old 10-25-2003, 07:00 PM   #11

syrupsosweet HB User
I have long hair too, acually all the way down to my butt....
Anyway, as long as you put it up in a bun or in a clip, so that it can't hang down into the gym it isn't a problem at all.

Old 10-29-2003, 07:31 AM   #12

Mercedes HB User
syrup,
I agree - it shouldn't be a problem if you pull your hair up tightly. It was just such a negative experience that I always associate TG w/it! LOL!

Closed Thread