It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2003, 04:17 AM   #1

marco_polo HB User
Post Help me please... i got sunken cheeks :((

please... im having sunken cheeks and im not getting a solution for it. please... some1.. pls help me with this problem... thru some sites ive read that it can be cured by injecting fat into cheeks... but i want alternate solutions for it like diet,exercise or something... some1 please help me... i really need to get normal cheeks... PLEASE (

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2003, 12:58 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

loci777 HB User
learn to play the trumpet, you will have cheeks like dizzy gillespie in no time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2003, 05:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rita HB User
Have you lost a lot of weight recently? If so, then the hollow cheeks reflect the loss of fat from your face. When you lose weight there is no way to predict where the fat will come off first. It may take a while but many times your fat distribution will change and your cheeks may get filled out again. Sometimes, though, the only way to get your cheeks fuller again is to gain weight. A sort of Catch-22 dilemma.
Fat injections are not a good solution at all. First of all, it is temporary since the fat will get re-absorbed by your body within a few months. Also, I have heard of many horror stories of messed up faces due to this procedure. Many who had done the procedure wished they had left well enough alone.
Another question is how old are you? As we age we lose fat from our faces and they get that sunken look. In that case, there is really nothing that can be done.

[This message has been edited by rita (edited 10-28-2003).]

Old 10-29-2003, 06:43 AM   #4

marco_polo HB User
well, im still 19 and the rest of my body is in perfect shape.. its just my cheeks which are sunken and im really having psychological problems with it.
None of my parents or grandparents have this problem so i dont think its hereditary also..

i weigh 67 kgs and am 5"7 at height.

its all sunken in the face only and i want to do something abt it pls... Pls help me..

Old 10-29-2003, 09:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rita HB User
At 5'7" and 67 kgs, which is roughly 147 pounds, you are in the normal/healthy range. Still, have you lost weight recently? As I said before, if you have lost weight then it may take a bit of time for your body fat distribution to change and fill out your cheeks. If, however, you have not lost weight then there may be nothing you can do except gain some weight and hope that the cheeks will fill out more than other parts of you.
Are the sunken cheeks something new to you or have you always had this face structure?
Even if you cannot do much to change the appearance of your face, don't get too upset by it. There are many who wish they had your problem instead of pudgy, fat cheeks. The cheeks you have give you a more mysterious, sophisticated look, one that many (women) find quite appealing. I would not worry about it at all and just concentrate on getting a great body to go with that look by doing weight training.

Old 10-30-2003, 10:27 AM   #6

marco_polo HB User
well, i originally have a round face. Im having this problem since 3 years now and its worsening as time goes by.
i dunno wot the probs is. but i seriously wanna do something abt it coz this is not how im supposed to be lookin.

i havent gained or lost any weight in any other part of my body although i surely have got a [little ] bit , just a little bit fat stomach since the last few 1-2 months coz ive been trying to eat a lot to get cheeks. its just that im unable to gain fatter cheeks.

ya .. i understand that ppl want to have my probs rather than getting rid of it.. but my case is seriously horrible.. trust me...

i dunno y its happenning to me...

please help me to do something abt it.........

also.. i wud like to know...... does exercising or playing.. like soccer or running cause this to happen.. coz ive been playing lotsa soccer and doing some athletics since some years .

please help.. thanx......

Closed Thread