It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
(male)

JuicyJJ HB User
Creatine Ethyl Ester

Is Creatine Ethyl Ester any better than Creatine MonoHydrate? And should I let my 15 year old brother take either one? Because I started by taking monohydrate and now I'm "upgrading" (I THINK IT'S UPGRADING) to Ethyl ester and my brother wants to start taking monohydrate.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:02 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Willapp HB User
Re: Creatine Ethyl Ester

Some people say that CEE is better than Mono due to its different composition which is supposed to increase uptake in your body, and also no promote water retention and bloating which some people complain of when taking Mono.

However...I've tried both, and honestly can't tell the difference. That may be because I've never had water retention or bloating from Mono, I don't know, but CEE definitely didn't give me better workouts. It just costs more and tastes absolutely awful (it's exceptionally bitter).

However, I don't like telling people "it's rubbish, don't bother", because as with any aspect of training, what works for some inevitably doesn't for others and vice-versa. Try it and see.

Regarding your 15 year old brother taking it: no. It's simply not necessary at that age. He'll get all the benefit he needs from a good exercise programme and good diet. Save creatine for when he's older, more experienced at lifting, and needs that extra help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
(male)

JuicyJJ HB User
Re: Creatine Ethyl Ester

Thanks Willapp! Also, I'm taking Creatine Ethyl Ester in capsule form. I'm just saying this to let you know just in case you will try it once more and you would prefer the capsule over the bitter taste.

Closed Thread