It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
(male)

baldy_1812 HB User
Gym in the morning or after work?

Is there a difference on when you go, im thinkn about going before i start work each day instead of after since it tends to get busy, is going in the morning more beneficial?

Old 09-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #2
(male)

Ringitup HB User
Re: Gym in the morning or after work?

What time you go is pretty much person preference. However, I have heard that by working out in the morning, you are giving your body a longer period of time of increased metabolism. That's a good thing for those of you who are interested in losing weight. I lift weights towards the evening time because I've experienced the same problem as you - the gym is too busy if I go right after work. This means that I'm sometimes not in the gym until past 9 pm. I don't mind it and in a way probably prefer it over working out in the morning. I have more energy at that time and I've found that when I go in the morning my workouts just aren't as effective.

The important thing is that you are there and if you are a morning person and don't mind going before work, I'd say go ahead and shoot for the morning. I personally like to have a full days worth of food in my system so that I know I have adequate energy for a good workout.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2007, 07:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User

I've read in Men's Health that morning work-outs are more benifitial if you can swing it!
Everyones different though, so what works good for one may not for another.
I'ts worth giving it a try.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

Wokrout whenever it is best for you. If you're not a morning person and can't get up an extra hour earlier to hit the gym before work, then maybe you should go after work. However, if you're going to get out of work and say "oh I'm tired, I'll just skip the gym today," then maybe you should consider going in the morning. I like to workout in the morning because it's a great way to start the day and the fact that I get it out of the way and there's no excuses. I also don't like the after work rush gyms have that usually start after 5 pm.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:57 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

CouchPotato HB User

I personally like to work out at night because afterward i'm always tired

Old 09-28-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
(female)

hunnybun HB User

I like to work out in the morning I'm always very energized after a workout.. but thats just me

Old 09-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #7
(male)

gib HB User

If I don't keep motivated, I usually go through a short cycle of being sleepy after a workout. I use to go to the gym at lunch on Fridays, but would have a horrible time trying to stay awake afterwards at work, I pretty much have a desk job. I would think I'd be equally as sleepy after a morning workout and having to sit in front of a computer like I do?

Part of my routine includes running. I go to the gym Saturday mornings and during the week I go in the evening. I have more problems in the morning with leg cramps and leg stiffness than I do in the evening, while running. I'm pretty poor at stretching to warm up before hand, which would probably help for the morning workout, but I don't and therefore prefer evenings for the gym. What ever 'feels' best for you is probably the answer...

Old 10-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

DebM412 HB User

I prefer my workouts in the A.M. I get up at 4:30 in the morning Monday through Friday. Mon, Wed & Thur I run for 60 minutes. Tues and Friday I lift weights and then run for 45 minutes. Saturday or Sunday I do a really long run and then have a day off.
Morning workouts give me so much energy it eliminates the need for coffee.

Good luck on your workouts. Bottom line is - workout, whatever the time make time for it because the rewards are beneficial!

Deb

Last edited by DebM412; 10-09-2007 at 03:14 PM.

Closed Thread