It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
(female)

Flo14 HB User
How Do I Make My Muscular Thighs Smaller???

I played soccer all through high school and I have very muscular legs (there is practically no fat on them whatsoever, except on my inner thighs). Not to mention, I am very short so I look very stocky. Finding jeans is so difficult for me because I always have to get them a size larger to fit my thighs, but then they are too big around my waist. I run practically everyday for about 30 min. I do the elliptical every other day for about 30 min. I do lunges and I teach pilates 3 days a week. My problem is, my legs are still huge! How do I make my legs smaller and more "lady-like??" I want to be able to fit in proper sized pants!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: How Do I Make My Muscular Thighs Smaller???

Quit doing the lunges. They place a heavy load on the thighs, encouraging muscle growth. If that doesn't work, quit doing all the other stuff, too, and go on a reducing diet.

You do realize I hate you for complaining about being exactly what I want to be

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Haha I agree! Try skipping the lunges and make sure you aren't using a lot of resistance on the elliptical. I use more resistance when I want my muscles to get a bit bigger. I also do this with lunges too and hold weights as I do them. Walking or a slow jog usually keeps them not as muscular. I know some people who run and still get pretty muscular so walking is best for them. It's one of those things you have to experiment with and see what works! I knew a girl who went through this too.. she was a soccer player and had an injury and lost 10 pounds of muscle in her legs very quickly from not playing.. she always had a hard time finding jeans too!

Old 12-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

fitpro01 HB User

Genetics play a huge part of this. It sounds like you have a tendency to gain muscle size when you do exercise that overloads the muscle. Many people wish that they had this problem (men mainly!). Muscle will lose size when it is not used or challenged.
As some suggested, you will need to lower the intensity placed on your thigh muscles to have them "shrink".
Another approach would be to work on strengthening shoulders so that your overall shape gives the appearance that your thighs are smaller...hope this helps.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:20 AM   #5
(female)

pinkroxy HB User

I agree

Flo14 alot of it plays on your genetics, as I am the other way I have to work hard to get muscular and I always have wanted to bulk up a little but I find it hard.

Unfortunately as sad as it sounds some people are built the way they are and no matter what they cant change the way they look.

You need to love yourself and accept the way that you are. Im sure you are beautiful as you are.

Old 12-25-2007, 03:14 PM   #6
(female)

brokenchild HB User

I have the same problem and I have yet to find anything that will make my legs and hips smaller. I have NEVER fit into pants. I have a 24 inch waist and 36-37 inch hips. Yeah, there are no jeans for that. I lift weights and do cardio but my waist will get smaller and my hips/legs bigger or stay the same.

Good luck but don't try too hard to fight genetics. It's a losing battle.

Closed Thread