It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 07:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
dizzy and light headed after workouts

This is so frustrating and frighning. during and after workouts I get dizzy and lightheaded. AFter I work out I have to go to bed.

I do suffer from anxiety and I am on medication, zoloft, but I don't think the zoloft has anything to do with it. I got these feelings before Iwas on the Zoloft.

I am breathing correctly and I am not really doing a long and drawn out workout. It is a walking tape along with a bit of kickboxing.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to what is causing this?

Old 12-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
(female)

scarletknight33 HB User
Re: dizzy and light headed after workouts

how's your eating? In order to exercise effectively you need to be consumming a certain amount of calories for your height, weight, and age.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2007, 07:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

My caloric intake is fine. I am also very hydrated. This is really starting to get me upset because I would like to lose some weight as I gained some on a medication. I am getting married in September and I just look really out of shape.

i used to work out 5 days a week and walk outside on the weekends - I was in top shape and then I started having panic attacks and I was afraid to work out. Now my body has gone to pot.

I am not dure what else to do here. I certainly can't lose the inches just with yoga.

Any suggestions?

Old 12-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

You may just be overdoing it. Ease into it. You might just be working above your fitness level. Lower intensity for longer duration rather than higher intensity for less time. You'll still be burning more calories, but without the excessive stress. You can ramp it up later, but in the beginning you have to work up to going all out.
Maybe start with going for a 30-60 minute walk, or find a lower intensity video. You will increase your fitness and your ability to do more if you just stay consistent. If you continue to have light headedness with low intensity exercise, you really need to talk to your doctor about it.

Last edited by Naxis; 12-14-2007 at 08:23 PM.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #5
(female)

Pattyoh HB User

I've been having the same problem for about 2 years now. I used to love to exercise. Now all I can handle is walking or riding my bike. Anything else and I get dizzy and nauseous. Even if I just do yoga. My doctor is still trying to find out what is going on. I did find out my heart valve is not closing sufficiently (had an echo done) but she said that was minimal. I'm 48. She told me to try another doctor to check the inner ear also. I would see your doctor.

Old 12-22-2007, 12:27 AM   #6
(female)

pinkroxy HB User

Have you had your iron levels tested ??

as sometimes that can tend to make you feel dizzy after a workout, also maybe the temperature of the room that you workout in. As at my gym the group fitness room is very warm and when I heat up in an aerobics class I tend to feel a little dizzy.

Also food and water intake would play a role in how you feel in your workouts aswell.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #7
(female)

Suggies3 HB User

I'm wondering if you're "bonking" perhaps your glutamine levels aren't regenerating fast enough? What kind of exercise are you doing? If it's intense it could help if you take some supplements and take a recovery drink right after your workout. You said that you're eating properly, maybe it'll help to increase your protein and carb intake also? Hopefully it's something easily fixable with supplements or something. Oh, I used to get panic attacks all the time and i found out the hard way that trying to do anything (i.e. climb five flights of stairs) while having one is not a good idea. better to let them pass and be late for class then kill yourself trying to get up the stairs in time.

Last edited by Suggies3; 12-28-2007 at 10:17 PM. Reason: spelling error

Closed Thread