It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 02:53 AM   #1
(male)

James4553 HB User
Strengthening Core and Chest

Hello.

It seems a bit strange to me that all my body except my chest is well defined and muscular. My chest is actually quite flabby. I do some chest exercises - butterfly, pullover, standard press and incline press, but it seems to have made little difference. Am I doing something wrong? Are there methods or exercises that target eliminating excess chest fat and building chest muscle?

I also would like to know ways to strengthen my core.

Many thanks.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User
Re: Strengthening Core and Chest

Hi,

I can't help you about the Chest exercises but I just want tell you one thing. I use a video called Core Synergistics, by the famous Tony Horton, which gives great results to strengthen my core. It's part of a program called P90X, I wish I can use this program but I have a dislocated shoulder and a torn cartilage in my knee. I only use Core Synergistics, Cardio X, Kenpo X (but not very often) and Shoulders and Arms. That is the best home exercise program I have seen in my life.
Good luck,
Michael

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Naxis HB User

You can't target fat loss to any specific area, but if you start a fat loss regimen, you should see the results everywhere. One thing to consider is that if only your pecs have extra flab/fat, you may have a condition known as gynecomastia. It's surprisingly common, but it is a hormonal conition that needs to be diagnosed and treated by a doctor. If diet and exercise just aren't working and that is the only trouble spot, you might want to ask your doc next time you're in.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
(male)

James4553 HB User

Thanks for the info.
I probably made the chest fat sound worse than it is. I'll just keep working on my chest and hopefully it'll fix itself over time.

Closed Thread