It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
(female)

Meacoolgirly HB User
Resistance Bands

I recently took a strength training class at my gym and the instructor told us that the resistance bands were about the best thing to have if you cant make it to the gym. Actually she was very gung ho about these bands... it made me go out and by them! Is this true though? She said by doing various band exercises a couple times a week you can build and sculpt muscles just about as well as weights. I am just trying hard to make sure I get weight/resistance training into my workout instead of just doing cardio. Will this be sufficient? I know free weights or machines would be better than the bands, but I can defintely feel the burn when I workout with the bands... Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Old 01-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User
Re: Resistance Bands

Resistance bands are great as long as you are using enough resistance. Resistance bands come in different weights or "colors" so you want to get enough of a resistance to where it's challenging. Resistance bands are not better than free weights by any means but they make a great tool because they are cheap, lightweight, easy to travel with and can be pretty much used in any setting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread