It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 06:13 AM   #1
(female)

Gani HB User
how can i reduce my hips with exercises?

how can i reduce my hips with exercises?

Old 07-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lucylucy HB User
Re: how can i reduce my hips with exercises?

Walking, running, cycling, climbing, etc. should all help, mainly because they'll help you lose weight.

I used to do a lot of hip exercises thinking I could get rid of that little bulge at the top of my thighs. I don't think it made much of a difference. Losing weight in general makes a biggest difference for hips and especially belly fat. It's still good to do leg and hip exercises to help reduce the jiggle, and I strengthen my gluteus medius (abductor exercises) to keep my knees and hips alligned.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I agree! Cardio exercise will be great for losing fat and shrinking your problem areas. Then hip or leg exercises are good for getting that fit look. Doing ONLY hip exercises definitely doesn't work. In fact, at one point my hips got LARGER from doing too many hip exercises because I ended up just building more muscle there rather than focusing on burning off fat.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
(female)

danro HB User

The first step in reducing any type of body fat is eating clean. Next, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) cardio will help burn the fat all over your body. Weight training will build muscle which in turn will burn fat.

Plyometric squat jumps annihilate butt fat, thigh fat, and hip fat. Do these to get your heart rate up in between weight training exercises for your legs. Smith Machine squats, Bosu ball weighted squats (challenging but worth the effort, get two Bosu Balls, turn over to rounded side so flat side is facing up, place feet in middle of each, holding a weight close to your chest, perform squat, it also engages your core), lunges (weighted stationary, weighted & walking, reverse), weighted plyo step-ups (get a plyo box or even an aerobic box grab weights step up and lift your leg back and up, squeezing glutes, step down, step up, repeat--gets your heart rate up plus tones), use a medicine ball and do standing trunk twists. This is a just a small sampling of exercises you can perform. There is a plethora of activities and exercises you can do to get the results you want.

Closed Thread