It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2009, 01:36 AM   #1
(female)

lenoire HB User
Soreness and aerobic execise

Hello everyone,
I am writing to get your opinion about soreness and aerobic execise. I have been running at a slow pace for the past two weeks and because of rain I decided to do a Tae-bo workout two days agao. Low and behold I am sore and have been that way since after the first day after the Tae-bo exercise. How do I get rid of the soreness in my muscles. I am sore from my shoulders down to the top of my feet. My husband says to exercise until the soreness goes away and the soreness can help me. I am 51 years old and have lost at least 70 lbs. I am trying to loose the last 37 lbs and I need to exercise to tighten up the excess skin that is hanging from my body. But not to the point of killing myself or causing more damage to my body by over exerting the muscles.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: Soreness and aerobic execise

Soreness indicates that you have been exercising close to your limit and your muscles need to heal and grow in response. You may want to do hard workouts every other day to give your muscles time to heal and grow between workouts. After some period of time, the same workouts will no longer be as hard, and you should not feel much soreness after them, due to your muscles growing in response to the exercise. You may then be able to do them every day if you wish.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
(female)

Lucy321 HB User
Smile Re: Soreness and aerobic execise

Hi lenoire,

I had the same problem the first time I worked out with weights. I felt like I wasn't pushing that hard and the weights weren't that heavy, but the next day the soreness was quite extreme all over.

tjlhb is right though when he says that as your muscles grow stronger through the exercise and your body becomes accustomed to the stress this simply won't happen, or it will happen to a much lesser degree.

When I was in the situation you are I simply rested for 2 or 3 days before my next workout and the soreness was never as intense again. It's simply a case of letting your body adapt to the different stresses that you put it through, and if you get this level of soreness you're certainly working hard enough!

Keep exercising and good luck in losing that last 37lb in the near future.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
(female)

lenoire HB User

Hello everyone,
Thanks for answering my questions and addressing my concerns. I decided to rest from thursday until today. All of the soreness is gone now. I will start out with the light jogging and do the Taebo every other day until my body adjust. And again thanks for the information trying to get in shape is not an easy thing to do.
Lenoire

Old 07-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Glad to hear all is well! Sounds like you've already got your questions answered. I agree with the responses and typically rest or do a light workout of walking or something easy if I'm sore. Pushing yourself too hard while wore will only make it worse! I also try to do lots of stretching to avoid being super sore or to help when already sore.

Closed Thread