It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2009, 01:47 AM   #1
(male)

sam26 HB User
how to take creatine and whey protein together

how to take creatine and whey protein? & when i am not working out, should i take creatin on that day?

Old 11-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
(male)

gib HB User
Re: how to take creatine and whey protein together

Perhaps if you explain your level of exercise somebody more knowledgeable will reply.

Myself, I'm just an amateur lifter and while I've been working out for years, I just gotten slightly more serious about my lifting in the last 10 months.

There are different types of creatine, seems like the Kre-alkalyn type is the better of this types in some respects. You don't have to cycle on and off the stuff, and there is no loading phase in which you spend time (weeks) in getting your system up to levels. I'd do some reading on this stuff. This is the only creatine I've done and it's been a couple of months since I've ran out. I'll probably get some more on my next visit to the nutrition place. It comes in pill form, and I would take 1 pill a couple of hours before a work-out.

For protein, again at the level I'm lifting, I take about 25 grams (one scoop) within an hour of lifting. I started with whey, the last batch I bought was egg white protein, I'll probably cycle back on whey on the next purchase.

Reminder, all in moderation, excessive amounts of either can have bad effects, like kidney stones. Don't go over about 40 grams of protein per session as your body can only process so much at once. Too much just gets flushed out of your system which your kidneys have to deal with.

Hope this helps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread