It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
(male)

myk12 HB User
Unhappy Ulna (wrist) pain while weight lifting

Hey. I'm 19, and have been lifting weights for about a year and half, two years. Recently I've started getting pains in my left ulna bone, just below the left wrist, particularly while working my biceps (palm facing upwards during exercise). I'm not sure what the cause is, as I do exactly the same things on the right arm as I do the left, including same weight etc.

When I started on the current weight for bicep curls, I was fine at first, but after about a month I started getting these pains. I'm due for an appointment with my GP in the next week or so, but I just wanna check if anyone knows what it could be, and what could help it etc.

The pain is a dull ache, and it's of an average pain. Usually occurs when the moment I let go of the weights, although the past few days it's started hurting during the exercise, so I've stopped working biceps until I've got it sorted.

There is no pain while relaxing the arm, but if I try to wave the pain comes back.

Help D:

Old 10-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
(male)

dafydd HB User
Re: Ulna (wrist) pain while weight lifting

What was the deal with the bone as im getting the same problem

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
(female)

diamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB User

When you do the curls are you bending your wrist? Your wrist should be stationary, bending your elbow only. If you are bending your wrist in order to lift then your weight is too high. Try doing it with a lighter weight and keep your wrist from bending. That may or may not be your problem, but it is worth checking out.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
(male)

dafydd HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond839 View Post
When you do the curls are you bending your wrist? Your wrist should be stationary, bending your elbow only. If you are bending your wrist in order to lift then your weight is too high. Try doing it with a lighter weight and keep your wrist from bending. That may or may not be your problem, but it is worth checking out.
Does that mean there could be a fracture in the bone though? It started doing it with heavy weight now it does it with the light stuff too.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
(female)

diamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB User

I do not think it is a fracture, however I would not rule it out. It may be more of a repetitive injury. The wrist is an area that can be sensitive. I would go to a doctor and have it checked out.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
(male)

dafydd HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond839 View Post
I do not think it is a fracture, however I would not rule it out. It may be more of a repetitive injury. The wrist is an area that can be sensitive. I would go to a doctor and have it checked out.
Its more in the forarm than the wrist and when you press hard on to the area were the pain is all you feel is bone no tendons or anything, not helped x rays dont always pick up fractures

Old 10-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
(male)

RiceBoy HB User

This is weird, I have the same exact condition as you. My ulna hurts badly only when I do bicep curls on the left arm, not the right. As someone mentioned before, I think it's because I am lifting the weight incorrectly (especially because I am right hand dominant). I would let it heal for several days, then try being very careful not to twist the wrist.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:22 AM   #8
(male)

dafydd HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceBoy View Post
This is weird, I have the same exact condition as you. My ulna hurts badly only when I do bicep curls on the left arm, not the right. As someone mentioned before, I think it's because I am lifting the weight incorrectly (especially because I am right hand dominant). I would let it heal for several days, then try being very careful not to twist the wrist.
I let mine heal for 2 weeks started working it after 2 days was gone again , my pain is exactly 5 inched down from my wrist on that small ulna bone,

Closed Thread