It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

marie12995 HB User
So hard to lose wieght!

I am a 15 year old girl about 5 foot 5 inches and 195 pounds. I really need to lose wieght! I try so hard, but nothing is giving me the results i crave. I diet, but I still feel hungry all the time. I excisize for at least 30 minutes a day and try to walk at least a half mile everyday. As far as excirsizing goes, I feel thats under control. I think I have a painfully slow metabolism. And I just always feel hungry. My wieght make me really self concious and shy and depressed. I need help with tips to curb my appetite please!

Old 12-12-2010, 11:15 PM   #2
(female)

elizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB User
Re: So hard to lose wieght!

This is what has worked for me. I'm 48, 5' 7" and weigh 130. I drink 2 big glasses of water about 15 minutes before dinner. Then I usually start with a large salad and I use a homemade no fat dressing. It is basically vinegar, water, and mustard. Look for recipes online. Then, I fix myself a generous plate of food, though not huge and I put the rest away. I allow myself small treats, but I don't pig out on junk. If I have to pig out, I make sure it's healthy, like a large sandwich on whole wheat bread. I love hummus and veggie sandwiches. (I am vegan by the way).

Oh, and one of the best purchases I ever made was an exercise bike, which I keep in a corner of my family room. It's completely quiet, so anyone in the family can ride it at anytime without bothering people watching t.v. or reading, etc. It only cost $300 and our gym membership was $75 a month. (I hardly ever went!). I ride at least every other day. It's very convenient!

I made a rule for myself that I don't eat after 10 p.m., except on special occasions, too.

Good luck!

Last edited by elizabeth62; 12-12-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
(female)

diamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB User

Marie when you walk are you getting your heart rate up? You may want to try and jog a bit too. Start slow, just what you can manage, then when you feel you can do more run for longer periods of time. The key is to keep pushing yourself a little farther. If you can work in some weight resistance training all the better. The more muscle you build up the faster your metabolism will be.
I do not know what you are eating so I cannot say why you are so hungry but I can suggest to incorporate good fats like olive oil, avocados and nuts. They are very good for you and will make you feel satisfied for a longer period of time. Eat lean proteins and whole grains. Stay away from any processed foods and white breads. Drink lots and lots of water too.
You can do this, but it takes EFFORT. It is not easy to lose weight and get into shape, but once you make a true commitment to it you will start seeing real results.
Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Last edited by diamond839; 12-13-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
(male)

LP123 HB User

ok, this may be hard to accept marie, but in order to lose fat you need to eat the right amount. not less. not more. you have a resting metabolic rate, everybody does. if you eat less than this number your metabolism will slow down and your body will begin to conserve fat rather than burn fat. you are active and this should easily be enough to lose fat/weight. besides you should use other methods to measure your progress other than weight. how you feel, how you look and how your clothes feel for example.

ditch the processed food. eat whole grains, but only a little. get your protein intake up and eat as many green veggies as you can. if you work with your body and give it natural un-processed food it will reward you much quicker. most important do not buy into the low-fat product industry it will harm your progress no end.

you are determined and you deserve a fighting chance so don't deny yourself this opportunity.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-26-2010 at 07:09 AM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 01-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #5
(male)

hurdsims HB User

ok kiddo, have a diet dont go one one for and example i will not eat anything cooked in oil, and never skip breakfast, when you are hungry eat small snacks like some almonds or a yogurt maybe a peanut buter sandwich.
you need to push your workouts to no less than 45 mins no more than 1 and a half hours. most importantly dont stress about time frame and THROW OUT YOUR SCALE! they will discourage you, and you will find yourself worse off.

the best tool you should use is < edited >, http://www.mypyramid.gov/

Last edited by hb-mod; 01-25-2011 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Please do not post unapproved website links, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
(female)

MelSilver HB User

I guess you are not the only 15 year old that has some weight issues. I was also overweight when I was younger and was successful by doing healthy weight loss techniques. This means that you exercise and eat right. Good luck!

Last edited by moderator2; 02-01-2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites

Closed Thread