It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
(male)

jose22 HB User
Does this sound like a normal injury to you?

Hello I'm new here on the boards and this is my first post, I hope that you can help me figure out what my problem is.

First let me start by saying that right now I am like 30 pounds overweight, but 2 months ago, I was like 54, so in this period of time I lost 24.
This is because I'm eating less junk food, drinking more water, and doing some interval cardio exercise every day.(mostly stationary bike,and rarely some dancing)
These are just some facts about me, in case you need it to help me better diagnose my problem.

For the last 7 days or so I been suffering this issue, here are the symptoms:

I have a sharp pain in my right buttock/thigh area, that happens especially when I stretch that area, like for example going up or downstairs, but just stretching in general.

But the thing is that when that area gets warm, because of the stairs or walking, the pain kind of goes away, until my body gets cool again. (by cool I mean sitting,sleeping etc. etc.)

The big problem now is that in the last 3 days that sharp pain got worse the pain is exactly because of the same factors mentioned before with 2 differences
one is that the pain is more intense like i mentioned before and the other is that the pain does not want to go away this 3 days, I'm even using a crutch right now.
I don't see any redness inflammation and even touching or massaging the area, doesn't give me pain is just what I explained before.

My main question is if I need to rest that leg or something diferent is needed to relieve the problem?
Thank you very much in advance and please remember that the pain is not always there, is just because of the movement or stretching.

Last edited by jose22; 12-19-2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Forgot to put something else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread