It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
(male)

Sempron HB User
Thumbs up Weight gain

Hey guys,

I would like to gain a some Muscle and Weight,Im around 10.5 stone in weight,male 22 and around 6ft tall but i dont like how thin i am,people also make comments about it!

Ive started working out with Dumbells every night when i get home but should i be taking something?
What about those "Crash Weight Gain Powders?

Thanks for repliez.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: Weight gain

Why not do exercises using your big muscles (e.g. pushups and dips for chest, pullups and rows for back, squats and lunges for legs, planks for core) while eating more healthy (with protein) food?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
(male)

Nelliel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sempron View Post
Hey guys,

I would like to gain a some Muscle and Weight,Im around 10.5 stone in weight,male 22 and around 6ft tall but i dont like how thin i am,people also make comments about it!

Ive started working out with Dumbells every night when i get home but should i be taking something?

Thanks for repliez.
It figures it works out this way. Nel comes from a bodybuilding forum and the first post Nel makes is on a weight lifting issue =P

1. Nel highly reccomends you get a gym membership. It makes the achievement of your fitness goals a lot easier.

2. Inorder to gain weight, you need to consume a caloric surplus. There are calculators online to determine how many calories you should be consuming every day - however many of them are inaccurate. In Nel's opinion, the easiest way to determine how many calories you need is to start off with 2500 calories a day. By the end of one week, if you are not gaining weight, then steadily increase that caloric number. For overall fitness, Nel reccomends attemping to gain .5-1 lb a day(convert to stone if you need to.)

However if you don't mind the fat gain, then aiming for 1.5-2 lbs a week is fine.

3. You need a solid workout routine. Something simple that utilizes compound movements(like the lifter above reccomends.) Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press and Pull Ups are all examples(infact they are Nel's favorite exercises.) A full body routine is the quickest way to see noticeable results in size and strength. If you do ever end up reading this, and want more information about workout routines, pm Nel.

Last edited by Nelliel; 04-05-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sempron View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks for repliez.
You are only thin if you are in America. About 85% of Americans are heavier than you but America is the fattest population in the world. At your age my Body Mass Index was the same about 20, and I was a few inches taller and slightly heavier. Now I am somewhat shorter than I was and my BMI is higher somewhat but I too lift weights still. Read "The new rules of lifting for men" good work out programs. All the great compounding lifts. Remember, you are not thin, you are lean!! The other authors are right about the regimes.
James

Last edited by james079; 04-06-2011 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Cant spell Americans!

Old 04-07-2011, 05:49 AM   #5
(male)

shawn55 HB User

100% eggs related foods and supplements are best to gain weight quickly and build muscles protein shakes are also beneficial to gain weight,..

Old 04-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn55 View Post
100% eggs related foods and supplements are best to gain weight quickly and build muscles protein shakes are also beneficial to gain weight,..
Whey protien is the favourite but I find it difficult to decide just how much to take. High protien is somewhat of a strain on the kidneys and also protien drinks seem very sweet, whether whey is in its self sweet tasting I don't know. Th eabels I find are difficult to read and understand. Anyone have advice.
James

Closed Thread