It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
(female)

lmarie3 HB User
Underweight & Exercising

Hello, I am underweight 31yrs old, 5'2 82lbs While I am struggling to gain weight, I keep hearing about how important daily exercise is for your overall well being & health. I am told you should do at least 30min a day. Is it bad for me to start exercising while being this underweight?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
(female)

diamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB User
Re: Underweight & Exercising

Is there a reason you are underweight other that is just how you are built? I would contact a doctor and get his/her advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
(female)

lmarie3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond839 View Post
Is there a reason you are underweight other that is just how you are built? I would contact a doctor and get his/her advice.
Years ago I had a bad h.pylori/gastritis infection that kept me from eating much of anything. My average weight had always been 98lbs, during the time I was ill I went down to 72lbs. Every since dropping that weight I've never been able to put it all back on, it stops at 82lbs. I do have bad eating habits as in I eat all day instead of 3 times a day but I don't see why that would hinder weight gain. I stopped eating meat while I was sick & haven't went back to it so I know that is a part of it, but I know many vegetarians & vegans that are not this small so it must be me.
I am on unemployment right now so I can't afford a doctor till I can find a job.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
(female)

diamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB User

Try and eat other sources of protein, Tofu, dairy, beans and rice, quinoa. It doesn't matter if you graze rather that eat three large meals. Just eat whole foods that include proteins and good fats. Drink lots and lots of water too.
I would just start out walking and then maybe do some resistance training too tone up and build your muscles.

Closed Thread