It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
(male)

proace360 HB User
strange chest question

I'm 19 and a late bloomer so I only recently started going to the gym and trying to get stronger and in shape. Previously I only had an inactive lifestyle so naturally I am pretty weak. After going to the gym a few times I started to notice that, although I'm right handed, the left side of my body is stronger. I don't know why it's like this but I kind of ignored it and kept going. After a few workouts I also noticed that my left and right side chest muscles are extremely imbalanced, even though they're both relatively weak. When I try flexing my left side I can feel a definite, working muscle, but when I try doing the same with my right I feel like I can't even physically flex the muscle and the muscle itself feels soft and weak. Is this normal/has anyone experienced this/can someone please explain this to me? I really want to strengthen my chest but I don't know how if I can't physically flex the muscle to use it!

Old 08-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
(male)

MrDharma HB User
Re: strange chest question

I have experienced that one of my arms is stronger than the other. I too am right handed but my left seems stronger. But the fact that your flexed muscle feels different is a little bit strange, I agree. When you actually lift a weight like a dumbbell, feel your muscle and see if it feels flexed. If it still feels weird, you should probably go get it checked out if you haven't already. Could you flex normally before you started working out? How did your arm and chest feel during the workouts? Were they sore at all? I ask this because I don't see how one could go through a few workouts and not notice that they couldn't flex a muscle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread