It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

dreamer89 HB User
back cramps during hiking

I was wondering if anyone suffers back muscle cramping when exercising outside walking or hiking? it feels like I am not getting enough oxygen to my back muscles and I get slight shortness of breath at same time, when I rest even for just a minute and catch my breath the cramps go away.

I am obese, have always been, take bp meds, lisinopril, and menopausal. could the medications cause this weakness of getting enough blood to my back or anemia be a cause as my periods are pretty heavy tho they only now come every 6 weeks. in fact I have skipped a few too. I thought by skipping them I would build up my blood I eat iron rich foods. I remember taking beta blockers for my bp and it did the same thing, and then calcium channel blockers which allowed me to exercise pretty well, I took alpha blockers but not for long. I am wondering if being obese I need my bp to be slightly higher then it is to get blood to my back? they are after all slow twitch muscles and need lots of oxygen. I am working on losting weight but the loss has been slow.

or could it be just my insulin resistance getting worse maybe? I can do the treadmill really well even if I do fast intervals and run on it, and don't get back pains. in fact have been doing it quite a bit latly having energy for some reason. I have been doing treadmill everyday except when I am sore from alot of walking and hiking.

I noticed I get shortness of breath along with teh cramps they go hand in hand. I will be seeing mydoctor tomorrow for some other things and will mention, but I am thinking it might be my bp.

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread