It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

bracer HB Userbracer HB Userbracer HB Userbracer HB Userbracer HB Userbracer HB User
Anterior tibialis exercises

I developed a moderate foot drop following lubar fusion surgery last June. The surgeon didn't know why, but we do know that there was no tearing or cutting of the L5 -- maybe some bruising or something that caused mild axonal damage. Well, according to my EMG/nerve conduction studies, things are getting better, but the anterior tibialis (in my left foot and leg) is relatively weak from the lack of use due to the nerve damage. Since it is starting to receive signals again, I'm looking for some exercises that target that area that I can do to wear that sucker out and get it in shape so I can jog/run again.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you have. The doctor says the fusion is just about complete, so I am cleared to do most anything. I have access to a decent gym, but would really like some exercises that don't require equipment, though I do want some info in that area as well.

Is there anyone who can help me run again? You really don't know what you've got until it is taken from you. Thanks again!

Old 04-16-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
(female)

Soccermom3 HB User
Re: Anterior tibialis exercises

You posted this awhile ago but in case u read this i have a moderate drop foot due to lumbar surgery. This sounds silly but i walk around on my tiptoes aroundthe house. And its strengthening and helps with my balance. Also i use therabands i got from my physical therapist. Ther are other things she has me do. I have very active kids and need to keep up. I sympathize with u wanting to run again. Id lovetorunagain butid settle for walking normally. Do you go to pt? It helps me alot. Also they do an e stem machine that sends electric signals to the nerves and i think itis helping.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread