It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 01:46 AM   #1
(female)

LoveMyGirls1203 HB User
Newbie at exercising need advice please.

Hi all I'm 25 year old mother of 2. I got pregnant in 2009 with my first daughter and had her in Dec 2009 then 6 months later I got pregnant with my 2nd daughter and had her in March 2011. Since I got pregnant in 2009 I haven't really exercised I would try to start and then having 2 lil ones there just wasn't enough time and I didn't have enough energy.

I've been having a lot of health issues now and losing a lot of muscle mass I'm 5'4 132lbs but it's all loose flabby skin :-/

I'm out if shape tremendously. I had a stress test and 7 minutes into it my hr was already at 175-180 :-/

I just need some exercises u can start out doing for little bits during my day to help tone and get me back in shape and hopefully help with my health! Any advice would be good!

I also must add I have a very bland diet I have to eat dairy free so I use almond milk, I eat chicken and turkey and fish occasionally, brown and white rices, beans, fruits, veggies. I can't mind much food without milk so I eat the sane stuff over and over :-/.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
(male)

DemetricB55 HB User
Re: Newbie at exercising need advice please.

hey how are you? i am also a dairy free person. have you done any exercise before?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2012, 03:46 AM   #3
(female)

LoveMyGirls1203 HB User

I used to exercise but these past 3 years I haven't. I was thinking about getting a stepper so I can go at my own pace and build up stamina.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
(male)

maxaman25 HB User

Hi Lovemygirls. As an older person I have come to the conclusion that fitness is not about what you "should do". It's about what you "will do". So pick a form of exercise that is not so miserable. That way you have a better chance of sticking with it in the long run. Personally I've found a slow jog works best for me. Then I mix in a few wind sprints. I'm 52 and I run 7.2 miles 5-6 days a week. Been doing it for years.

The reason why is simply because I jog at a slow pace. I call it "sleep jogging". It is not at all miserable once you adapt to it. Then to improve my fitness further.....I run as fast as I can for about one minute. But I only do this when I feel like it. When I made doing sprints a mandatory part of my running.....I ended up not running at all.

Sticking with whatever you do for exercise is the most important thing of all.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
(female)

diamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB User

Baby steps. Choose something you think you might like and go slow. Most people quit exercising after a few workouts because they pushed themselves too hard and were miserable. Start off walking and then add to it. If you have to be at home because of your kids there are some great exercise DVD's you can watch. That is how I lost my weight after I had my daughter. I was doing Jane Fonda's Step program. Boy that is dating me!
If you can join a gym hire a personal trainer to set up a program for you.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
(male)

maxaman25 HB User

Good advice diamond. One thing to consider. I read an article last year about will power. Because at the root of all weight loss and fitness is will power. The article did a scientific study, proving that will power was a "buildable thing". In other words, every time you do something you really don't feel like doing.....eg exercising, not eating high calorie foods.....your ability to do these in the future get's stronger. Whenever you exert will power it makes it easier to so in the future.

A year ago I could never have imagined I could be 40 pounds lighter. But as I forced myself to gradually and consistently do these things my will power to do them again and again got stronger.

It has become quite easy for me to now pass up the type foods that makes us fat. It has become quite easy to get my butt off the sofa and jog my miles.

So I agree that you have to start with baby steps. But consistently do these baby steps and consistently increase them and do a little more. I didn't start out jogging 7.2 miles. I started with a mile.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
(female)

jenne13 HB User

I know that the first steps in the gym or working out at home even can be tough. I used to think if I worked out it was taking away from being with my family. But I know believe I'm better for it not just becuase I'll be around longer but becuase my mood is better also.
My mom hates working out until....she tried zumba. SHe loves it and is now a zumbafreak . I enjoy strength training and my sister loves to run/walk. So its about finding what you like and what you'll stick to. I also have to add I get bored quick so I have set up different routines so I don't get bored.
If you join a gym most have trainers that can help yo with questions you have. That can be very expensive but most gyms offer 1 free trial with a trainer. I suggest you do that. Its safer and you will learn the best way to do things without hurting yourself.
I'm not sure why you don't eat dairy (I'm thinking allergy) but if its not an allergy milk is great for protein after a hard workout. I don't recomend dairy before a workout as it can give you a terrible stomachache. GOOD LUCK.

Closed Thread