It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
(male)

HarryTZ HB User
How can I gain some lean muscle?

Hi, my name is Harrison and I am 14 years old. I am really skinny, and I want to gain a bit of lean muscle while keeping fat off. I weigh about 110 lbs, so obviously I am not overweight. I'm in school now, so I don't have as much free time as I would like, but I would work out during the summer, and even during the weekends. I eat like crap, so I might need to start some sort of diet. If anyone wants to share some sort of regimen with me, that would be great. Thanks a lot guys!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
(female)

diamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB User
Re: How can I gain some lean muscle?

Hi Harrison. The first thing you need to do is clean up your diet. That is the MOST important thing. Eat more lean proteins and veggies and cut way back on carbs. So put the chips down and grab a handful of nuts. Switch out your ice cream for yogurt and fruit. Try and stay away from burgers, but if you cant at least stay away from the french fries!

You can start now by doing push ups, squats and lunges. Those are the greatest three moves you can do to gain muscle. And you can do those anytime with no equipment. Start running or cycling too. A little at first but push yourself every time it gets too easy.
It is AWESOME that you are trying to improve your body. Your health and your physique will thank you for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamond839 For This Useful Post:
HarryTZ (04-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
(male)

HarryTZ HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond839 View Post
Hi Harrison. The first thing you need to do is clean up your diet. That is the MOST important thing. Eat more lean proteins and veggies and cut way back on carbs. So put the chips down and grab a handful of nuts. Switch out your ice cream for yogurt and fruit. Try and stay away from burgers, but if you cant at least stay away from the french fries!

You can start now by doing push ups, squats and lunges. Those are the greatest three moves you can do to gain muscle. And you can do those anytime with no equipment. Start running or cycling too. A little at first but push yourself every time it gets too easy.
It is AWESOME that you are trying to improve your body. Your health and your physique will thank you for it.
Thanks a lot. The diet is probably going to be the hardest thing for me!
I am also signed up for a swim team, but the last time I was a member, I hated going every week haha. Thanks again!

Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
(female)

jenne13 HB User

HairyTZ, drink some milk after a workout also. And look into some protein shakes. Premuim protein is a good one as is pure protein. Check out the labels though. YOu may want to bulk up but you don't need all the sugar in some of these protein shakes. Under 3 grams is good. Get your sugar intake naturaly from fruit.
If you can't affort a gym membership or you don't have time or a ride to get to a gym, you don't need much. Look into adjustable weights. You can buy them at sporting goods stores and they realy don't cost that much. Kettlebells are awesome!

Old 04-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
(male)

eriksatie HB User

Eat a lot of protein, eat a lot of carbs, and eat a lot of fat. Try to gain around 1-1.5lb a week. To give you an idea of how much to eat, for myself (182lb, 6', male) I eat 165-180g of protein, ~300g of carbs, and 80-90g of fat.

For exercise, I suggest a program like Starting Strength. You can find the book online, but basically it makes you do squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, chest presses, barbell rows, and dips.

If you plan on weight training at your age, make sure you eat A LOT or else it can stunt your growth.

Good luck.

Closed Thread