It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
(male)

sigsby HB User
Exercise madness

Hello,

I must be doing something wrong. I am exercising 10 or 12 hours a week. I don't really have a schedule I just kind of go with how I feel that particular day and am kind of guided by the weather. The workouts I am doing are varied. I'm listing them below. The problem is that other than toned legs I am not seeing any real results. There has been no significant weight loss and my energy level isn't increasing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
  • roller blading 10 to 13 miles
  • biking 12 to 26 miles at a time
  • tradmill for about an hour
  • 45 minute hikes with an intense scramble in the middle
  • strength training at a local gym (this one is new)
  • kayaking for an hour or two

Old 04-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
(female)

diamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB User
Re: Exercise madness

Check your diet. For weight loss diet is 80% of it. Make sure you are eating whole, fresh foods and staying away from simple carbs. Focus on proteins, whole grains, veggies, fruit and mono-saturated oils. The strength training is what is going to give you muscles and definition. I would try and do 3 days of strength training and cardio on other days, or AFTER your strength training session.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread