It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
(female)

All4hendrix HB User
Toning stomach after large weight loss?

Over the past 1.5 years, I've dropped 30 pounds from my 5'6" female frame. I went from a size 12 to a size 4 (sometimes 6). I'm content with my overall size, but I still have some sagging flab in my midsection and under my arms. I want to get rid of this last bit of "yuck" from my stomach, but my dilemma lies in where my body loses weight when I work out. If I lose anymore weight, I will look malnourished in my face and my ribs will show in my upper chest and my clavicles protrude. The remainder of my flab lies in my belly and love handles (with some extra skin) and my arms/side boobs and inner thighs. I can deal with the inner thighs. But I need to find a way to get rid of the arm and tummy flab without losing any more all over body weight. Will working my obliques and rest of my abs area help get rid of the tiny bit of tummy left without losing more weight? How about my arms? I eat very well, if fact, I have bipolar disorder and there is what is called the "bipolar friendly" diet which is an amazing diet, full of proteins, fibers and other essential nutrients. I know my diet is fine, in fact it has helped me lose the weight and gain muscle. I cannot deviate from this diet for my mental health. Can anyone give me any pointers on how to tone these areas and burn this last bit of fat?! Thanks!

Old 05-23-2012, 05:37 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

dixter HB User
Re: Toning stomach after large weight loss?

If it's just flab working the muscles aren't going to help. What you need is surgery to remove the excess.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
(female)

diamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB User

There are NO pills you can take to help with this. If it is indeed extra 'flab' then you need to shed the fat and you can only do that by eating less and moving more. If it is extra skin then surgery is needed. You can work your muscles all you want, but muscles do not replace fat. You have to lose the fat if you want to see the muscles.
And congrats on the great weight loss!

The Following User Says Thank You to diamond839 For This Useful Post:
BJ CHEEKS (10-01-2012)
Old 05-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
(female)

cdavis2222 HB User

I would try toning your core.

There is a great video called Fuel + Fitness: Horizontal Conditioning. It's only 10-20 minutes and focuses completely on your core. After you finish this video you should do 50 jumping jacks, 10 pushups, and 10 sit-ups three - 3 times. It's quick and easy and will get your heart rate up which is the most important thing to do.

Closed Thread

Tags
abs, love handles, toning, weight loss