It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
(female)

patty000 HB User
bump on a chair

hi im a customer care agent so i sit for 8hrs everyday know i have gain weight i dont have time and dont like the gym but i like walking ..can you please tell me how many days a week should i start walking and how many minutes..and how long would it take for me to see some results..thank you

Old 05-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
(male)

sigsby HB User
Re: bump on a chair

There is only one way to lose weight. Consume fewer calories then you burn.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
(male)

TheMrBT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigsby View Post
There is only one way to lose weight. Consume fewer calories then you burn.
This is actually a fairly common misconception. If weight gain/loss was as easy as addition and subtraction then everyone could be a picture of health by sitting around doing nothing but counting calories all day.

Weight gain/loss is in part effected by calories but it is more important which kind of calories you are eating as well as how much insulin your body produces and if you are predisposed to weight gain or loss.

@patty000

You should walk every day. Exercise should be a part of your life and not just something you do because you have a set goal. It's a better idea for you to just integrate a daily walking schedule and let the weight gain/loss problem become secondary to being healthy.

Eat foods with fewer refined sugars, eat fresh foods over processed foods when possible and make sure to eat slow burning foods more than fast burning ones. This means eating foods that are high in protein, high in fat and low in carbohydrates.

How long every day you should be walking is dependant on you. If you would like a recommendation then I suggest that you walk as long as you can in one direction until you feel tired, then stop, wait one minute then turn around and walk back. That will be your base line. Once you have a base line you can develop personal goals from there. A certain % higher of time/distance over a set amount of time.

Another good way to integrate exercise in your daily life is to just make simple changes that force you to do more. Like parking at the back of a parking lot instead of near the doors, taking stairs instead of elevators or escalators, simple things.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
(female)

diamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB Userdiamond839 HB User

Good advice so far. I can only add that you need to watch your caloric intake and exercise at least 4 days a week. Walking at a leisurely stroll will do nothing for you. You need to get your heart rate up and keep it up. You need to embrace exercise as not something you dislike, but something that you MUST do in order to be healthy and to lose weight.
What do you mean by you do not have time? I know at lot of people are spread pretty thin these days so carving out a place for exercise can be challenging. However consider your health and your weight loss goals. You should be able to set aside an hour a day to meet your goals. Your health and weight loss are dependent upon how committed you are. You will fail if you do not put in the effort. If you put in the effort you will reap wonderful rewards.

Last edited by diamond839; 05-08-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Closed Thread