It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
(male)

LW609 HB User
Can increased exercise cause hot flashes or sensitivity to heat?

Hi All, I am a male, late 20's. Although in good health, I was not very active (rarely exercised) until a few months ago when I suddenly began doing uphill jogs at least 3 times a week and daily push-ups. About two months into working-out, I began experiencing what seemed like hot flashes in the face, head, and/or chest. They seemed to be triggered by heat, as my body temperature rises during a workout. The hot flash would last about a few seconds to a few minutes, and it feels like as if though someone is inside my head playing with a flame thrower. Then I would be fine, albeit sweating and feeling warmer like I should. This also happens when I eat hot foods (hot as in high temperature, NOT spicy). I DO NOT get flushing (red face), just a brief heat flash then a warm face with sweat. I can now do up to 80 consecutive push-ups and run half mile uphill efficiently without any shortness of breath, but not without these annoying hot flashes as my body switches to a higher temperature. I have heard of some people experiencing night sweats as they suddenly begin exercising or increase the intensity of their workouts and as their body is adapting, but can hot flashes also occur if one is new to working out? If so, how long will it last for someone who is previously not very active?

Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Can increased exercise cause hot flashes or sensitivity to heat?

It could be a combination of additional exercise and the hot weather. Try to stay cool, especially when you actually are exercising, drink water, etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
heat intolerance, hot flashes, hot flushes, night sweats, workouts