It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
(female)

Trysha HB User
Question Energy Drinks

Hi All

I work out 1.5 hours/5 days a week. Even at my age (49), I work out hard. I have always been fit and in shape. What is the best low sugar, good tasing energy drinks that work?

Trish

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
(female)

fitwise HB User
Re: Energy Drinks

I would recommend you hydrating with plain water based on your workout info, unless you exercise in heat.

Last edited by fitwise; 07-18-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
(female)

Trysha HB User

Thank you for your reply. I work in a stressful job, Asst. Principal,in a tough school. Hence, I am on the go all day. I need a boost when I work out as soon as I hit the door after work for an hour and a half (cardio/wts). By the time a eat dinner, go through my mail, shower, etc.,it's 10:00 pm.

Trish

Old 07-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
(female)

fitwise HB User

I agree with you that it is challenging to have adequate energy level to exercise right after work.
Would it be possible for you to try to have snack/meal (up to 70% carbohydrate) 2 hours before your workout and hydrate with water before/during & after it?
If it doesn't work for you and you would like to try energy drink during the workout, I would suggest any drink that tastes good for you and that would have 6-8% carbohydrate or carbohydrate-electrolyte solution. You should intake about 30-60 g (1-2 oz) of carbohydrate per hour during aerobic exercise. This should help you to maintain blood glucose level during the exercise. Please keep in mind that drinks that exceed 17 g of carbohydrate per 8 oz may cause gastrointestinal distress.

The Following User Says Thank You to fitwise For This Useful Post:
Trysha (07-19-2012)
Old 07-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
(female)

Trysha HB User

Thank you.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
(female)

Trysha HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSIE12 View Post
Hello friends !!! Red Bull is my favorite, because it drink provide energy to my body, but just beware once it wears off you get extremely tired. I would drink one in the morning on my way to work, and one at lunchtime and once i got home i would just crash and sleep for over an hour...

Old 08-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #7
(female)

Trysha HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSIE12 View Post
Hello friends !!! Red Bull is my favorite, because it drink provide energy to my body, but just beware once it wears off you get extremely tired. I would drink one in the morning on my way to work, and one at lunchtime and once i got home i would just crash and sleep for over an hour...
Hi Jessie
I don't want to crash after my workout. I would prefer energy food or a high quality low sugar energy drink.
Trysha

Closed Thread