It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
(male)

gatorfan8898 HB User
Lowerback/Tailbone pain

Recently I was doing box jumps at the gym. Unfortunately (and stupidly) I was in a bit of a hurry and dove right into my higher jumps without a proper warm up. The first set of 15 went fine, but near the end of my 2nd set I felt a severe and sharp pain in my lower back/under my tailbone on my ascent and landing. I've had this exact pain various times over my life, but it usually goes away either the same day or the next morning. I'm fine when I'm standing/walking/running/sitting, but any action to get up from a seat or get out of bed, causes a pretty debilitating pain. I'm not old, but I am in the twilight of my 20's and I know I should start being more wary of how I prepare in the gym... I'm just not used to being hampered like this. Very frustrating!

I plan on visiting my family doctor this week, but I also wanted to see if anyone might have any suggestions on what I did to myself. A pinched nerve perhaps? All I find when I look up my symptoms are sciatica and coccydynia, but they aren't perfect matches and seem worse than what I'm experiencing.

Thanks for any help

Update:

Had to do some office work for the last few hours, but after sitting awhile, the pain seems to have slightly increased, and now it's a bit uncomfortable to walk.

Last edited by gatorfan8898; 07-16-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: update

Closed Thread