It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
(female)

TaDah HB User
Red face Severe ankle sprain

March 17th 2012 I was walking my dogs when a car flew around a corner and nearly hit my retriever. I pulled her out of the way but in the process my left ankle slipped into a dipped drain ditch snapping completely to the side of left foot. I had to continue to walk the rest of my way home aprox 5 mins or so. Following days I was faced with severe swelling and brusing, but as I had sprained this ankle before long ago in the past I figured I would treat it as a sprain. I kep my feet up and did compresses. Over the next 2-3 weeks the swelling and brusing had deminished but the pain was still very evident.

So in mid-ish April I went to a doctor who without any kind of x-rays put me in a air splint told me to take some ibuprophen and sent me home. He told me to wear this for 3 weeks. After those 3 weeks were over the pain was still there so I went for another visit this time they sent me for x-rays. The doctor told me there was an abnormality in the area of pain the plump outter area just below your pinky toe and suggested I go to a Orthopedic doctor.

My first visit to the ortho took over a week to get into. He did rotation tests on my foot and moved it around which was fine until he pressed on the outside of the plump part I explained earlier, which made me jump and almost kick him. He proceeded to put me into a walking boot and recommended I use crutches as well. 3 weeks passed and I went for my follow up and once again no change. I told him that in the morning when i stepped out of bed before putting the boot back on my foot was in more pain then I had before wearing it. So this time he sent me to the hospital to have a bone scan done.

Today I again went for my follow up on the bone scan. Doctor said that it came back "hot". He pressed on my ankle at the top middle part of my foot which actually hurt when he pressed on it. Im not sure the name he called it but i know it started with a C. Now he is sending me for a MRI...

It has been months since the initial injury and its becoming extremely frustrating for me and I am still in pain. When I went to walk on it today without the boot my whole foot was in pain! Cold surfaces make the pain worse! When I remove the boot for bed come morning the pain is more severe than ever.

I am confused and frustrated at how long this process has taken and how many apts I have paid for just to be told a 1 liner and sent away. I would really love any info that may help me along with my recovery or if I should be seeking help form another opinion'd doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
(female)

TaDah HB User
Re: Severe ankle sprain

I found the foot related topic section pls delete this thanks

Closed Thread