It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
(female)

BJ CHEEKS HB User
Arrow New Gym Member... need advice!

Hello I just actually joined a gym this past week and my first day attending will be tonight. Im very over weight and am ready to get into shape I know I have to start slow and it will take some time. My first step of committing my self into a gym contract is completed. Now I dont know where to start. Im meeting with a personal trainer this week and he will for sure point me in the right direction. Unforunately right now I can only afford three sessions with him. Other than that ill be in the gym alone. Does anyone have any advice for me? Like where to start on my own?

Old 10-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
(male)

vishy HB User
Re: New Gym Member... need advice!

Hi BJ,

Have your trainer check the following for you. It takes about 30 minutes and the time is well spent to set up a foundation for you to build on.

From your point of contact to the ground, calf flexibility (look for possible painful trigger points), hamstring flexibility, your knee tracking, your hamstring flexibility, your strength ratio of hamstring to quadriceps (women are quad dominant), your hip flexor tightness and possible low back pain, your thoracic spine mobility (look for trigger points), your internal and external rotation (be gentle) and lower trapezius strength.

Then ask him or her to help you learn the details and the variation of the five fundamental compound exercises you can perform at your level of fitness. These are squats, pull ups, push ups, overhead press, deadlift.

Hope this helps,

Vishy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply