It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
(female)

bunnai87 HB User
Leg slimming exercise

I'm working on losing weight, and I am really wanting an exercise routine, or a specific exercise that'll slim down not just my thighs but my calves. They have always been on the big side and I'd like to have them slim down if it's possible.

Also looking for tips on good routine for a faster weight loss routine that is safe and won't kill me. Thanks

Old 11-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
(female)

gymnast78 HB User
Re: Leg slimming exercise

Squats, Lunges, Running, Ankle Weights.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

eric909 HB User

For me, you can start with walking then eventually do some jogging in the morning or/and in the afternoon. If you can, I would suggest you go with cycling activities, it is good also in losing weight.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
(male)

Dominic98 HB User

I think slim legs are very attractive better then healthy legs and if you want to lose the extra leg weight so you want to do running,walk and swimming also.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
(female)

elena6016 HB User

Ballet Squats: Doing ballet squats 3 times a week will help you achieve fast results.
Jumping on a mini-trampoline :works your whole thigh.
Wide Leg Squats:This is a great exercise that works almost your entire lower body.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #6
(male)

GymRat HB User

There is no one exercise or even group of exercises that will automatically trim your legs. I run, cycle, squat, have done ballet, and my legs are disproportionately large.
The key is not the exercise but the style. My legs are large because I ride in high gears, and lift heavy for low reps. My runs and cycles are rarely over 5 miles as that is my commute.

Take the same activities and lower the weight or gear and increase reps or speed and suddenly they become better for trimming and slimming.
Basically walking is good, lots of it with nothing but your own body wieght, no weights or rucksack forcing your body to add strength and potential mass. jogging good, low intensity, long duration same deal as the walking. Running is where you start needing to be careful, sprints will build explosive muscle fibres and they add mass, in contrast running at a pace you can keep up for a good distance is going to keep you trim. Same for cycling ets.
Other excercises, keep reps high, weights low and rests short. I am currently doing 5 sets of 5 squats in my squat session along with some other exercises, this will build power and potentially mass, especially with plenty of rest. You could use the same exercise but make it a trimmer by doing sets of 12 or 15, with either very short rest or even another exercise as form of superset, so you don't rest except to change exercise. The weight will be low and should feel easy, your muscles should tire over time not protest on lift 1.

Try to use compound movements as much as practical, they mean you acheive more intensity in shorter time. Basically you are using more muscles, and burning more energy.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #7
(female)

clara790 HB User

you should do some duck squat, in and out lunge and jumping jack or jumpring rope

Old 06-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #8
(male)

jhon2013 HB User
Post Re: Leg slimming exercise

squat exercises , Lunge your way to toned legs , and Walk on an incline

Closed Thread