It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #1
(male)

nick779 HB User
Increase Height!!

Hi everyone
I'm 20 years old and unfortunately my height is only 5'5"... I'm used to being called names since i was in first grade.. so it isn't a matter of confidence or self esteem... just want to know if theres any way i can still increase my height.. like take up some activities like swimming or cycling, or maybe start doing pull ups. will any of this help? Please respond
Thank you

Old 10-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
(male)

GymRat HB User
Re: Increase Height!!

No there is no form of exercise that will make you taller. Unfortunately at your age there is very little chance you will grow much more vertically.
There are things which inhibit growth, stress being one of the most common but unless you are one of the few of us whose body is focuss more on stress than proper growth that is the way you are likely to remain.
I thought I was going to be similar to you, leaving school at 4' 11" and having been small from my age most of my life. I was forcibly removed from the source of my stress thought I didn't realise it at the time, and moved into adrenalin sports, literally deadly activities most days. One year later I was 5' 10" and the doctors said that this had to be a case of growth having been repressed by stress and with the stress being removed I had caught up to where I should have been. I didn't see how my life before could have been more stressful than facing possible painful death everyday, but reflection has made it clear. I haven't graown anything but older since though and know I won't now.

There are advantages to additional height but there are also many to being shorter too. I took part in a power-lifitng competition years ago, natural move for a genetically gifted marathon runner, and was the tallest in my weight class by some way. I didn't come last in my class but the guy who won it was a bit shorter than you and he annihilated me, as is often the case in that type of sport.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
(male)

nick779 HB User

Yes its quite unfortunate.. it might be genetics too. My father isn't too tall either. Although i have been actively playing many sports all through my life from school, it hasn't helped much in terms of height so yes. I guess being tall or short both have their own advantages and dis-advantages.
Thank you GymRat for your valuable help, Cheers

Last edited by Administrator; 11-01-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

eric909 HB User

I can somehow relate to this problem, I want to grow taller too, but it seems I passed the age where growing tall is possible. I still believe that exercise could really help us to grow taller, also with the help of the right nutrition and vitamins.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
(male)

Dominic98 HB User

I have no idea about increase the height i think exercise is much better tip for increase the height.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #6
(male)

lowfreq HB User

you will get taller by doing core exercises like dead lifts or squats with weights on your shoulders.. this will improve posture and make you appear taller..

Old 01-15-2013, 04:34 AM   #7
(male)

laurenmaftel HB User

The best way to increase height in natural way is Exercise and proper intake of protein and nutrition. there are many company which guarantee that their product will increase your height and muscle. but i don't think it surely does..
Some chines product like jintropin claim that their product increase your height and muscle in a very short time.. but i cant surely say it does or not..

Closed Thread