HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Exercise & Fitness (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/exercise-fitness/)
-   -   Weak/sore biceps & triceps (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/exercise-fitness/926290-weak-sore-biceps-triceps.html)

RawkerL 11-05-2012 10:54 PM

Weak/sore biceps & triceps

Two weeks ago, I did my biceps and triceps workout. I increased the weight and did my usual 4 sets of 8 reps for both biceps and triceps. The following day, I woke up and my arms felt weak and sore. This problem happens every morning when I wake up. When I tried to flex my biceps, they feel weak too. Did I injure my arms? Should I continue to do workout?

BusyFamFitness 11-11-2012 05:38 PM

Re: Weak/sore biceps & triceps

RawkerL

Are your biceps and triceps still bothering you? What workout did you do and how much did you increase the weights by?

RawkerL 11-14-2012 05:23 AM

[QUOTE=BusyFamFitness;5087355]RawkerL

Are your biceps and triceps still bothering you? What workout did you do and how much did you increase the weights by?[/QUOTE]

Hi BusyFamFitness

Thanks for your reply. No, my arms are not bothering me already. I did triceps push down, biceps barbell & dumbbell curl and triceps barbell extension. I increased the weight by 5 kg for all. Should I continue with my normal training?

TreKPower 11-18-2012 09:41 AM

Rawkel, how old are you, are you new in doing weights and working out? if you are it will take 1-2 years for you joints to get used to the weights; regardless, 5kg (=10lbs) is too much of an increase...only increase by about half of that (2.5kg) until you get used to it and dont feel any pain the next day; also, dont do weights using the same joints back-to-back, but take 2-3 days in between; so, if you do arms today, do lower body parts for the next 2-3 days (legs, abs, etc), then repeat; also it's important to stay regular and consistent with your workouts because the body loves routine and regularity!!!
Regards!

RawkerL 11-18-2012 07:33 PM

[QUOTE=TreKPower;5090990]Rawkel, how old are you, are you new in doing weights and working out? if you are it will take 1-2 years for you joints to get used to the weights; regardless, 5kg (=10lbs) is too much of an increase...only increase by about half of that (2.5kg) until you get used to it and dont feel any pain the next day; also, dont do weights using the same joints back-to-back, but take 2-3 days in between; so, if you do arms today, do lower body parts for the next 2-3 days (legs, abs, etc), then repeat; also it's important to stay regular and consistent with your workouts because the body loves routine and regularity!!!
Regards![/QUOTE]

Hi TreKPower
Thanks for the advice. I'm 18-year-old and I have been doing workouts for more than one year. I usually train chest & triceps on Monday, biceps and forearm on Wednesday and so on. I will allow one day for my body to recover. My arms are not as strong as before and they ache after I do one or two sets.