It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Exercise & Fitness Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
(male)

RawkerL HB User
Question Weak/sore biceps & triceps

Two weeks ago, I did my biceps and triceps workout. I increased the weight and did my usual 4 sets of 8 reps for both biceps and triceps. The following day, I woke up and my arms felt weak and sore. This problem happens every morning when I wake up. When I tried to flex my biceps, they feel weak too. Did I injure my arms? Should I continue to do workout?

Old 11-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

BusyFamFitness HB User
Re: Weak/sore biceps & triceps

RawkerL

Are your biceps and triceps still bothering you? What workout did you do and how much did you increase the weights by?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2012, 05:23 AM   #3
(male)

RawkerL HB User
Post Re: Weak/sore biceps & triceps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyFamFitness View Post
RawkerL

Are your biceps and triceps still bothering you? What workout did you do and how much did you increase the weights by?
Hi BusyFamFitness

Thanks for your reply. No, my arms are not bothering me already. I did triceps push down, biceps barbell & dumbbell curl and triceps barbell extension. I increased the weight by 5 kg for all. Should I continue with my normal training?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
(male)

TreKPower HB User
Re: Weak/sore biceps & triceps

Rawkel, how old are you, are you new in doing weights and working out? if you are it will take 1-2 years for you joints to get used to the weights; regardless, 5kg (=10lbs) is too much of an increase...only increase by about half of that (2.5kg) until you get used to it and dont feel any pain the next day; also, dont do weights using the same joints back-to-back, but take 2-3 days in between; so, if you do arms today, do lower body parts for the next 2-3 days (legs, abs, etc), then repeat; also it's important to stay regular and consistent with your workouts because the body loves routine and regularity!!!
Regards!

Old 11-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
(male)

RawkerL HB User
Post Re: Weak/sore biceps & triceps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreKPower View Post
Rawkel, how old are you, are you new in doing weights and working out? if you are it will take 1-2 years for you joints to get used to the weights; regardless, 5kg (=10lbs) is too much of an increase...only increase by about half of that (2.5kg) until you get used to it and dont feel any pain the next day; also, dont do weights using the same joints back-to-back, but take 2-3 days in between; so, if you do arms today, do lower body parts for the next 2-3 days (legs, abs, etc), then repeat; also it's important to stay regular and consistent with your workouts because the body loves routine and regularity!!!
Regards!
Hi TreKPower
Thanks for the advice. I'm 18-year-old and I have been doing workouts for more than one year. I usually train chest & triceps on Monday, biceps and forearm on Wednesday and so on. I will allow one day for my body to recover. My arms are not as strong as before and they ache after I do one or two sets.

Last edited by RawkerL; 11-18-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Reply Reply